Fort worth area techs

Howitzur

Registered
I have this oil leak from what i thought was the cam chain tensioner oil line. So i replaced the three crush washers. Drove to work tonight and i have a lovely puddle of oil... Again... This is p*ssing me off. Help, i dont want to take to suzuki.

did you leave off the fairings?
Clean it up and take a nice slow 1st gear ride around the block. Stop half way and take a look, if you dont see anything finish the ride or move it to 2nd gear and see if it leaks.
Not too fast if you are getting wind circulation.

It was hard to tell in your other post where it was coming from based on the pic...I seen more on the radiator hose than the oil line.

Correct, the pics are from a cell phone but the point of the pics were to show that cam chain tensioner oil line thingy. Yesterday before work I popped it in first and applied the front brake while letting off the clutch to put strain on the engine. Thats when I noticed a slight stream of oil coming from the tensioner oil line. It only leaks when the bike is in motion. It will not leak if you sit there revving it up to 3000 RPMs and such. So, I thought I had this cat in the bag. After work this morning I ran up to Suzuki and bought the three gaskets (part numbers #09168-08016, need two; and 09168-14002, need one). I returned home and put them on the bike. I do not have a torque wrench so I wasn't able to get the "exact" torque applied. Would this be why its leaking? I tightened it down to where I felt the crush washer begin to crush, then I wrenched it down approx a 1/3 of a turn. Both bolts were snug.

can you tell which area of the bolt the stream is coming from? banjo to casing....bolt to banjo....maybe the line?

Well i havent inspected the actual line, but when i put strain on the engine yesterday it looked like it was coming from the gold colored bolt that screws into the block.

Im not sure brother...wish I could be of more help. Maybe some one will chime in with more experience

It has to be that line. Befre i smell the burning oil on the header, i can her that rattling noise which only be the cam chain. Does not make that noise unless its leakng. Soooo, if washers aint doing it, then what could possibly be making my busa look like a harley leaker? ;)

yes, three crush washers are all that are installed on the Cam Chain Tensioner Oil Line that bolts to the case.

Back