CAUTION: Copied Product

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys I was notified about a safety deal and I wanted to make sure that I passed it on to you....

As you know I recently got my GPR stabilizer and I love it. The GPR makes all the difference when riding on the Busa. I was contacted today and told that a Chinese company has taken the GPR product and tried to reverse engineer it and has been selling it on the Internet. The letters on the stabilizer are PSR and they have been leaking fluid, causing problems like locking up.. Make sure that just because it looks like a GPR that it is a GPR.

Apparently there is a cease and decist order and the lawsuits are going but how long will it take to deal with International laws and China on top of that.

BE SAFE......

CAp

wonder if its the same psr that makes some billet parts, like gas cap engine covers etc.

thinks powerstands.com is there website but i cant get it to open.

I tell you, I would think that would be the last thing you would want to be defective :rofl:

The saying is always true, you get what you pay for. Don't skimp especially when your life could be on the line.

Most of the time they manufacture as many as they can in 30-45 days then shut down and pack it in so they can't be found...(from what I've read on reverse engineer manufacturers over there)

I tell you, I would think that would be the last thing you would want to be defective :rofl:

The saying is always true, you get what you pay for. Don't skimp especially when your life could be on the line.

I looked, they are asking the same amount as a real GPR...

I looked, they are asking the same amount as a real GPR...

WoW~!~

(If they're going to make it cheap and cause destruction, at least they could have cut the price in half...)

Last edited:
I started shopping around for a GPR and it is fairly obvious which ones are knockoffs. That is if you know what you are looking at.

First off, I don't own any PSR stuff...... But they make many other products like case covers, bike stands, etc

PSR is powerstands racing.... PSR-USA HOME

PSR has been copying equipment for years. It is nothing new about the steering damper copy of GPR and PSR. There was an article in roadracing world magazine back around March 2008 about how PSR was selling copied steering dampers of GPR. I am not saying they are the same quality but I do know that two years ago PSR dampers were way cheaper than GPR. I guess they have been holding up if the price is now the same as a GPR unit.

I have a GPR on my ZX-10R and it is not uncommon for me to hear at each trackday to hear how someone now has a leaky GPR damper. These types of designs leak with hard use, its just the facts. GPR had a redesign of their dampers over the years. They use to have a big red knob in the center with finger grooves and now they have a smaller round dial the same color as the head unit.

If PSR was causing accidents they probably would not be selling their products at motomummy.com, parts unlimited, tucker rocky, etc. So if you have one it is not the end of the world.

First off, I don't own any PSR stuff...... But they make many other products like case covers, bike stands, etc

PSR is powerstands racing.... PSR-USA HOME

PSR has been copying equipment for years. It is nothing new about the steering damper copy of GPR and PSR. There was an article in roadracing world magazine back around March 2008 about how PSR was selling copied steering dampers of GPR. I am not saying they are the same quality but I do know that two years ago PSR dampers were way cheaper than GPR. I guess they have been holding up if the price is now the same as a GPR unit.

I have a GPR on my ZX-10R and it is not uncommon for me to hear at each trackday to hear how someone now has a leaky GPR damper. These types of designs leak with hard use, its just the facts. GPR had a redesign of their dampers over the years. They use to have a big red knob in the center with finger grooves and now they have a smaller round dial the same color as the head unit.

If PSR was causing accidents they probably would not be selling their products at motomummy.com, parts unlimited, tucker rocky, etc. So if you have one it is not the end of the world.

A couple of points...

1. Who said they caused accidents?
2. At some point regardless if they sell them on legitimate sites we as American's have to stand up and support our US companies when we can. I think that if you know a company is selling a knock off from a product of a US company then your as guilty as the company making them...

To take our country back means starting in our own homes and not support those types of companies...

CAp

A couple of points...

1. Who said they caused accidents?
2. At some point regardless if they sell them on legitimate sites we as American's have to stand up and support our US companies when we can. I think that if you know a company is selling a knock off from a product of a US company then your as guilty as the company making them...

To take our country back means starting in our own homes and not support those types of companies...

CAp

I never quoted anyone as saying such words.
Nobody said "caused accidents" however when I hear about "Chinese" products for high performance products like a Busa, and existing "cease and decist order and the lawsuits..." (that were actually in the works back in 2008). I think about dangerous products that can cause accidents, and therefore were my words on my post.

I am all for supporting US companies and "To take our country back.." as you stated. I believe in it so strongly that I even served 5 years in the Army overseas and am a combat veteran. I have not and will not purchase a PSR product, and that is why I started off my post as saying that I do not own a PSR product.

I am just posting some history on the product in case someone out there has a PSR item. Each person will have to decide if they want to deal with PSR or GPR as I did.

I never quoted anyone as saying such words.
Nobody said "caused accidents" however when I hear about "Chinese" products for high performance products like a Busa, and existing "cease and decist order and the lawsuits..." (that were actually in the works back in 2008). I think about dangerous products that can cause accidents, and therefore were my words on my post.

I am all for supporting US companies and "To take our country back.." as you stated. I believe in it so strongly that I even served 5 years in the Army overseas and am a combat veteran. I have not and will not purchase a PSR product, and that is why I started off my post as saying that I do not own a PSR product.

I am just posting some history on the product in case someone out there has a PSR item. Each person will have to decide if they want to deal with PSR or GPR as I did.

Fair enough....

Back