One of my old projects!

jpowell490

Registered
Hey guys,

I just dug this up and it brought back many memories :beerchug:

This was my 1967 Chevy II that I built from the ground up. It had a full tube chasis, mustang II front end, Wilwood brakes, etc. etc.

It weighed 3000 pounds, kinda heavy for the Chevy II but the frame was steel. It had a 1300 horsepower small block in it that I built completely. It was running an 8-71 Kuhl blower, the fuel was alcohol, boost was around 20psi with 8mm drive. The cubic inch on the motor was 434 with 11:1 compression .100 dome pistons, billet crank, aluminum rods, aluminum block, aluminum heads, the works.

This car still had 10 inch slicks on it with a Ford 9" rear and 4.30 gearing.

Needless to say I had a TON of money in this car, I built if for the Hot Rod magazine "Fastest Street Car in America" shootout.

My best time with it was a 4.80 in the 1/8th mile and a 7.78 in the 1/4 :beerchug:

In the video below I was newly married to my current wife and a big 21 years old! The car had 3 inch flow masters on it that quietened it down tremendously until I uncorked it at the track. I have a burnout and leave video I will post later if I can find it. Sorry for the sorta grainy quality, the 8mm tape is old and has not been stored properly :banghead: It was much louder in person and shook the ground :lol:

One bad Chevy II Duece!

Last edited:
ill have to show this to my buddy, hes building a chevy II 2dr post car right now. tube chassis nitrous fed big block. hes hoping to get down to similar times then sell it and find a hardtop to make a nice street car out of.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

I will have to post a video of the 1969 SS Camaro that my father and I built as well. I had a 355 small block in it running a 175 shot of nitrous. It was my street killer, it ran 10.40's and 6.80's in the 1/8.

I am getting that fever again, thinking about building one with my daughter. She loves racing and wants to race cars, so I could build an 11 or 12 second car pretty easy and let her take it to the drag strip when she gets old enough. :whistle:

Momma will love that idea :lol:

That is very nice man. My brother has a 67 Chevy II that he is going to be starting on here shortly. Nothing to that extreme though. Only has around 700 hp small block.

badazgtp a 700hp small block is nothing to sneeze at, lol. That is potent to say the least!

Yea, I am starting to get the bug real bad again, real bad. I went without a car like that for over a decade and missed every day of it. Decisions, decisions, :whistle:

Back