Suggestions for stands..

Ape

Registered
I know many have asked this question before but due to that I need to replace my tires and the stealership wants twice as much if I bring the bike compared to just bringing the rims.

Can anyone suggest some stands that are not too expensive. I am on a very tight budget so I am try to see what is out there. I understand you get what you pay for but I do not want to worry about the bike falling either.

Thank you.

Harbor freight has them for about $30 each. Redline is probably alot better product, but you asked for cheap. I have the HF ones and they work.

Harbor freight has them for about $30 each. Redline is probably alot better product, but you asked for cheap. I have the HF ones and they work.

I thought about the Harbor Frieght ones but a few of the comments on their site said the bike wobbles if the bike is heavy and they didn't feel safe leaving it too long.

How do you feel about them since you have them?

Four years ago I purchased a simple swingarm stand from motorcycleramps.com
(the one with four wheels). I still use the inexpensive motorcycleramps stand for my turbo busa and for my ZX-10 and it holds up either bike without any wobbles. $75 gets it to your door in a few different color.

The Redline stand is a much better quality stand for sure, but you said you wanted not too expensive so there is one suggestion. I also have Pitbull, and baxley products but I keep the inexpensive motorcycleramps stand because it still works.

All the stands stated are great, used most of them here or there, except the HF one. I have stands from Handy Industries(ebay) that i got for my 600 years ago. Last year i left my Busa with no wheels on em for 4 weeks without a problem. Good price on em too

i would make my suggestion of what i use...but it skeers members when they see my bike on it. lol

DSCF3765 (Medium).JPG

Fly'nCycle. These aren't the high end, but I have had mine for a couple years with ZERO problems. My Busa is fine on it. Right now, they are holding up a Honda CL350 that I am restoring.

Motorcycle Lifts and Stands

Check them on ebay too, because they might be a little cheaper with shipping.

Finally, my Busa has spools, but my rear stand has paddles. I looked at buying the hook adapters and cheaped out and tried it with the paddles on the swingarm. Works just fine on the Busa. Still wish I had the hooks :)

Also, if you're pulling the front wheel off, you should look at the front stand that lifts at the steering stem instead of at the forks. In fact, I gotta buy one of those!

Back