My poor, poor, gutted busa

woodrrow

Registered
Here is my bike, gutted and all jacked up while we put 2nd gear in the transmission.. :nervous:

gutted.jpg

Ok NO MORE POWER SHIFTS.. i have had mine for 8 plus years.. every bike i had in the past could handle full throttle power shifts.... the Busa just has tooooooooo much... i did it once and could hear the bike cringe....i always back off the gas and use the clutch.. and back on the gas.... no trans issues. Hope you get all together a runni'n good soon

Ben, how long is it going to take for repairs? Who is doing the work?

My bike should be back together by monday. A friend I met through LA Busa, actually lives just a few houses down from me is doing the work.

Hope all goes smoothly Ben. Kevin is a great guy and I know he will have it shifting the way it should!

That is a scary pic. I need to do the samething to mine and am dreading the idea of pulling the motor. Any tips or hang ups you came across?

That is a scary pic. I need to do the samething to mine and am dreading the idea of pulling the motor. Any tips or hang ups you came across?

No hangups really. Be ready to cut some sockets to fit or buy the engine thrust mounting tool in order to loosen the engine mounts. Put tape and label all the hoses that you disconnect. Bag and label all the bolts and take pictures of every piece before you take it off. I won't actually be breaking down the transmission, a friend of mine will be doing that and I'll only be there for some of it b/c I'll be going out of town this weekend.

What kind of cost for your tranny work?

Actually no cost. Kevin's a good guy, I built him a workbench, gonna take his computer and upgrade it. We both worked on pulling the engine and he's going to be the one to tear the engine down. Going to help him hang sheetrock in his garage when he gets around to it. One of those you help me, I help you things. Turns out I made a pretty good friend this past week.

I have watched 'Yamaha Kev' do this before. He'll get ya back up and running! I was wondering how yall were coming with it, could not come over last night but I'll try to show up tonight or tomorrow and if he is working on it this weekend I'll go see if I can do anything (other than get in the way)...

I'll say this to the uninitiated; Suzy put some pretty bizzaro collars and things on those engine mount bolts.... Many good sockets gave their lives the other night so that they could remove them!

Last edited:
Actually no cost. Kevin's a good guy, I built him a workbench, gonna take his computer and upgrade it. We both worked on pulling the engine and he's going to be the one to tear the engine down. Going to help him hang sheetrock in his garage when he gets around to it. One of those you help me, I help you things. Turns out I made a pretty good friend this past week.

That's Awesome! Great people here on the ORG! A big :thumbsup: to you and Kevin, hope shes back on the road soon :beerchug:

woodrow
at least The Lord blessed you with a friend to help and swap out the good deeds,,,
Q,, there was afew guys a couple of days ago that mentioned possible tranny problems in 07,,,is this true?? and or what do you think blew out 2nd? or OE problem? whats the milage,,,that paint job looks good

it has 14000 on it, I got it with 10000mi and it had the tranny problem. I think my problem was with the guy before me racing and hitting 2nd gear too hard.. It's not just 07s that have it, it's all Gen1 Busas.

Yea the paint is very good on this bike. Thanks.

Back