VA Riders

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody goin to New London Saturday? Milenium Riders are havin it, same as what they do annually at Natural Bridge, which is coming up in a couple weeks.

It's a bike only day too, but only an 1/8 mile track. Fastest wheelie contest too. For the record, for those in the know. My friend beat Milenium's leader Renard at Nat Bridge year before last, but got robbed. They said his speed didn't register, yet everyone(including cameras) saw the winning speed lit up on the board. Then, they said, well, he isn't registerd, which he was. BS, Milenium just couldn't admit defeat!
My friend couldn't make last year, but he'll be there Saturday! A side bet will be thrown out in front of the club too!
Should be interesting.

I could be incorrect, but from my understanding New London took the show over this year...

I have been unable to locate anything on the Bridge's web site.

I am going to try to be there. Are they going to have any vendors? I live in Lynchburg and never here much about this. I know one thing. They are calling for it to be 91 here Sat. It is going hot at New london because there is not any shade arounf the track. I use to go there all the time and man it gets HOT.

It's a bike only day too, but only an 1/8 mile track. Fastest wheelie contest too. For the record, for those in the know. My friend beat Milenium's leader Renard at Nat Bridge year before last, but got robbed. They said his speed didn't register, yet everyone(including cameras) saw the winning speed lit up on the board. Then, they said, well, he isn't registerd, which he was. BS, Milenium just couldn't admit defeat!
My friend couldn't make last year, but he'll be there Saturday! A side bet will be thrown out in front of the club too!
Should be interesting.

What speed did he cross at~?~

Ya'll be sure to say Hi, don't know how many bikes are going to be there but might be quite a few.

I've got a bunch of red numbers on my swingarm and just put my Skull windscreen back on.

I will be there...should be a lot of folks, and bikes, around. Millennium is not going to be doing their large track event at Natural Bridge this year, but there are track nights with bracket and grudge racing going on there every Friday night.

Showed up around 11:45 and had to wait for the track to set up, after that we had to wait out the rain storm but then got to play a bit...entered the wheelie contest and a little dissapointed at the disorganization (the rules could have been explained better).

There were a couple accidents (hope you guys are ok). One doing a wheelie and the other shot in the air at the starting line.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun and was good to get out for a while. A lot was said about a Busa not beeing able to do a wheelie...I think a few had a nice surprise~!~

I'll see if we were able to get any video and post it in a couple days.

Did anyone else make it down~?~

Last edited:
Showed up around 11:45 and had to wait for the track to set up, after that we had to wait out the rain storm but then got to play a bit...entered the wheelie contest and a little dissapointed at the disorganization (the rules could have been explained better).

There were a couple accidents (hope you guys are ok). One doing a wheelie and the other shot in the air at the starting line.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun and was good to get out for a while. A lot was said about a Busa not beeing able to do a wheelie...I think a few had a nice surprise~!~

I'll see if we were able to get any video and post it in a couple days.

Did anyone else make it down~?~

Our group of 12 was quite disgusted with the whole thing, we will never attend another Millenium event. As I'm sure you saw about 3/4 of the folks where gone right after the storm hit, and as of 4:30, we had enough, and rain checks were finally refused, after one hr of them saying they were getting them ready to hand out at the gate.
It really agravated me that they waited so late to start and then went straight into timed runs. I was one of the few who ran before the rain hit. While sitting back in the burnout area I was asked if I knew what I was doing. I said yeah, I'm gonna ride a wheelie. I was told I couldn't and would be disqualified. I said what the ****!? No practice runs!!! No, we'll throw you out. So with no burnout and 41psi in the rear I burned out 1st thru 3rd for an awesome 9.0 at 85mph and went to ask what was up (I went to wheelie, not to race). Even though I was asked at the gate what I would be doing, I said wheelie contest, they said ok, $20 to get in and $10 for that.
I was told after my run they were unaware of a wheelie contest at that time, and there insurance would shut the track down if they saw it.
Yet somehow it's safe for the 6 bikes with no gear or helmets to run 60 to 80mph to help dry the track after the rain.
A friend of mine on a GSXR750 was also disqualified because he unintentionally wheelied during his one run (less than a foot high), and was told it would be a $10 buy back everytime he did that. Gee, has anyone ever seen a bike wheelie under power during a dragrace, even though the rider tried to keep it down to run the fastest time they could?!
We had enough of there BS and weren't gonna chance another shower, we left. While sitting near the exit for an hr, we thought several irrate spectators where gonna fight with Millenium over a refused raincheck, Millenium's group there cowarded down and kept making excuses. I hope things turned out better later. (keep in mind we understand racing and the weather, but there disorganization and actions were inexcusable)
My freinds wife is a photographer and has already drafted a letter to send to 3 local newspapers and will be on several websites protesting Millenium and there actions. As I mentioned before they conveniantly let one of there own steal the fast wheelie 2 yrs ago at the bridge. My friend on a GSXR1000 and another guy tied at 107mph (kinda slow I know, yet still the fastest of that day) When they pulled up for the tiebreaker and the win, a Millenium rider was allowed to run again, he went 104mph and was promptly declared the winner and the runs finished.
We're done with them and there events, even though we have a couple friends in the club. And by the way, what speed won the wheelie contest?
Millenium Riders:moon:

Well we had a good time other than the disorganization. I ran maybe 6 times and wheelied 2 of them. No one came to me to tell me I would be disqualified for it. Overall the track was not the best. But still had a great time even though I rode all the way back to Roanoke in the rain.

Back