Rearsets, Rearsets, REARSETS!!!

MikeSomething

Registered
Ok, did the search before you say to try the "Search"...

I dropped my bike on some gravel the other day and managed to snap my one Buell peg clean off. Well, I saw that Buell pegs are known for easily breaking just by standing on them. So I replaced it w/ my stock peg, took the weight and rubber off, and grinded down the lip on the end as a temporary fix.

Now I wanna know, Are there any rear sets out there that are more durable in a spill or crash, so that I'm not gonna piss away another $300-$500 on another Rearset if I manage to break off the peg or shifter in a spill??
Also heard of Vortex and someothers that don't clear the kickstand when it's up, I'd like to avoid that problem also. Any info would really help, thanks! -Mike

Ones with folding pegs and shifter/brake would be what you are looking for, but you probably would end up replacing them anyway in anything more than a driveway tip-over as they are ground off.

Other than the discontinued, outa business, Cyclecat, I know of no rearset than moves your foot down and forward like the Buell peg mod. Rearsets are designed to increase ground clearance and improve control by moving your feet up and rearward (hence the name otherwise they would be called forwardsets, no?).

Good luck with your search though. :beerchug:

cheers
ken

No problems with my Vortex's and my kickstand. As far as not breaking? well have 450+ fall on you and see if something doesn't break :laugh: Rather replace a rearset than a frame anyday of the week.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the world of crashes. Expensive, always expensive! I use Vortex rearsets on everything and they work quite well. they are rigid acting like lower deck frame sliders. They hold your bike up during a slide and save other more vital parts. You'll generally grind the foot peg down to the point of mandatory replacement but that means it's done it's job.

You can buy individual parts for your Vortex rearsets. A nice option.

The lower buel pegs are a bit less demanding on your legs while the downside is less lean angle available.

Another option is the MFW Vario Pegs
TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Passenger (Suzuki Bandit 650 Non-ABS & 600, GSX750F Katana, GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, SV650, SV1000, GSX1300R Hayabusa) - MFW.051.06.04.10
They are a three peice system that allow you to choose length or drop and a forward or rearward angle. I am running them on my B King and I like them more than the Buell Pegs I have on my 05 Busa
Those look great, did you pay $148.00 for them tho?

The lower buel pegs are a bit less demanding on your legs while the downside is less lean angle available.
I was able to edge my tires w/ out clearance issues from the Buell Pegs. I'm 6'7", so it's kind of a problem with stock and higher angled pegs.

Last edited:
Those look great, did you pay $148.00 for them tho?

I was able to edge my tires w/ out clearance issues from the Buell Pegs. I'm 6'7", so it's kind of a problem with stock and higher angled pegs.
Yes I paid $139, More than the Buell Way less than the price of a rear set package.
IMHO worth it to me , because they are well made, offer great adjust ability and look good on the bike.

I am going to give these a try...cheap enough if they don't work well I am not too hurt.

CNC Rearsets Foot rests GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa silver FR9: eBay Motors (item 330395745734 end time Jun-14-10 19:12:00 PDT)

I have done the Buell peg mod on my Triumph and while they do help ease the knee angle, they are not strong and do not instill confidence. On long rides I like to stand up and flex/move around, not something I feel comfortable doing on the Buell pegs.

let us know how those CNC rear sets work out ...

I am going to give these a try...cheap enough if they don't work well I am not too hurt.

CNC Rearsets Foot rests GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa silver FR9: eBay Motors (item 330395745734 end time Jun-14-10 19:12:00 PDT)

I have done the Buell peg mod on my Triumph and while they do help ease the knee angle, they are not strong and do not instill confidence. On long rides I like to stand up and flex/move around, not something I feel comfortable doing on the Buell pegs.
Those are the Yani's worth doing a search onthem for you send the money. Some love some hate

Another option is the MFW Vario Pegs
TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Passenger (Suzuki Bandit 650 Non-ABS & 600, GSX750F Katana, GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, SV650, SV1000, GSX1300R Hayabusa) - MFW.051.06.04.10
They are a three peice system that allow you to choose length or drop and a forward or rearward angle. I am running them on my B King and I like them more than the Buell Pegs I have on my 05 Busa

I got that one and just installed. I needed to adjust my shifter, and now my shifter rod is almost out of adjustment - I need a longer one by about 1/2". Where to get one?

I got that one and just installed. I needed to adjust my shifter, and now my shifter rod is almost out of adjustment - I need a longer one by about 1/2". Where to get one?

Take the part off of the shift shaft and move it some as well...... This coupled with the adjustment in the rod ought to get you the adjustment you need

Back