Fairings direct from Suzuki?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I got into an altercation with a car in 07 and 3 out of 4 shops gave estimates & said they would likely just get replacement farings directly from Suzuki already with my paint scheme & stickers in place.
Well some dumb ***** pushed my bike over saturday night and i gotta go get estimates tomorrow. My question is, would they likely be able to get the farings from suzuki in same fashion "ready to go" still 4yrs later? Or would they likely have to get "blank" farings and paint/add th vinyls
Posted via Mobile Device

Most colors are still sold just the way they were sold on the showroom floor. 7 years and older is typically when start to see things discontinued.

I can't, StateFarm pays repair shop directly
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't, StateFarm pays repair shop directly
Posted via Mobile Device

They should cut you a check if you ask them to. Tell them you are going to have the shop fix it but do it yourself.

doesn't roll like that with StateFarm
Posted via Mobile Device

anyone with StateFarm that HAS done that lemme know
Posted via Mobile Device

not sure what the rule is on that.

I know if you have a payment the check is made out to you and the leinholder.
If you own it outright...why not pay you? Tell them you dont trust any shops

anyone with StateFarm that HAS done that lemme know
Posted via Mobile Device

Did it on my car.. You have to take it to a shop to get estimate. Then tell state farm that you want them to send you a check instead because you want to shop around more.
They write a check for what a licensed shop would charge. That's how they determine the amount to pay out. Once the shop has given a quote, you can get the $ from state farm.
My car was almost totaled out when I about tore my rearend out of it.. I have state farm, just call them and tell them you want them to cut you a check because you want to handle it yourself.

Oh yea, and you have to own it outright...

Last edited:
I have State Farm and I just put my bike back together after getting hit. I have a good relationship with a small shop. I looked up the SKU's and prices of all the parts I needed at the dealer where I bought the bike (highest prices I know). I paid my shop $100 for an estimate, to copy down my list and add labor costs. I had an estimator from State Farm come to my house to look at the bike. He approved everything and I received a check made out to me. I bought the parts at the cheapest place I could find.(I should have used board sponser Motorsports Superstore, it's even cheaper). Anyway I made $1500 profit for my aggravation. This may differ from you because the person that hit me was 100% at fault and State Farm is getting their money back from his insurance company. Maybe that's why everything went. smoothly foir me.

yeah, i still have it financed so i'll just get it don thru the shop
Posted via Mobile Device

I too have SF and initially went through them to get my bike repaired when I was hit in December of 2009. My attorney told me I could use my own company to get the bike repaired and when the at fault person's insurance company took responsibility SF would go after them for reimbursement. My bike is financed and SF wanted to total it because the repair cost exceeded 65% of the total value, it was not in my best interest to allow this (No GAP coverage; didn't know it existed at time of purchase and it wasn't offered!:banghead:)!

Besides the front fairing stay and handle bar clip on the damage was pretty much all cosmetic. The original estimate was for $6,700 but the shop was able to get it reduced to $5,600, fortunately her ins. company (Farmer's) accepted it as repairable! The check was sent directly to me and solely in my name, I found a complete set of OEM body work (including tank) on eBay for $650 shipped!! So I guess it depends on the company whether they choose to send you or the shop a check on a financed bike!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...hing-different-about-my-busa-after-crash.html

Just give them a call and see what they will do for you. Sometimes it depends on the state that you are in. When I had an accident in my Sebring back in '01 my insurance company cut me a check to get the car fixed and I still had a loan on it.

I talked to SF and they said what will happen if I wanna go that route:

1) get estimate at certified bike shop(appointment is set)
2) fax copy to insurance agent and they'll then send a SF adjuster out to verify the bike shop's claims of damage.
3) Once adjuster verifies damage he cuts me a check for the amount and I just have to bring bike to insurance agent for photos of completed repair afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

I talked to SF and they said what will happen if I wanna go that route:

1) get estimate at certified bike shop(appointment is set)
2) fax copy to insurance agent and they'll then send a SF adjuster out to verify the bike shop's claims of damage.
3) Once adjuster verifies damage he cuts me a check for the amount and I just have to bring bike to insurance agent for photos of completed repair afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

:beerchug::thumbsup:

Hey Kat... did you take any photos of the damage? Maybe you'll re-paint the levers and inside the headlight, just like you said you wanted to do.

yes i took pics, as well will the shop doing the estimate. they're gonna take an hour to look over everything, cost me $65 but comes off my deductible. Gonna be some good comin outta this after all. Maybe I won't even have to strip the triple cover & bar ends, just respray em. I will have to press out bushing in levers to paint those. And YES i'm gonna separate the headlight again to spray that trim piece. Maybe i'll have enough left over for HID setup from that dude that was sellin the hi/lo set, 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts for $85......what was that brand again? Started with a D
Posted via Mobile Device

Back