I hear a POP!

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
I was riding my bike and everytime i try to change gear from like 5k rpms, i hear like a pop coming from rear of bike. So i pulled over and took off my helmet and started revving my engine to see what is going on.
So when i rev the engine, i hear a pop coming from like exhaust i believe. So after revving, as the rpms r coming down, a pop sound comes from rear?

Anybody know what that is? Is there something mechanically worng?

May need to do the "Marble mod" depending on what year bike your on. Year, and mods done may help us diagnose the problem...

I think we need help on the diagnosis here. Try narrowing down what is going on when the pops are happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is the pop coming out of the exhaust like a backfire? What mods are done to the bike? What exhaust does it have? If its stock exhaust are they drilled? See if you can find out where the pop is coming from in the rear.

A multitude of things could be causing the popping, but like kromdom said your fuel mix maybe to rich. If you have not changed anything on the bike for a while and it is poping then it could bad gas, fouled plugs, or a faulty coil pack. If you have done engine mods, exhaust, airfilter, you need to have her tuned.

Back