What's the worst thing that has flown up and hit you~?~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I'll start it off with this one:

I ride with my shield up quite often, and the R1 in front me ran across some fairly nasty smelling road kill right in front of me. Well, this foul smelling meat broken apart in pieces and sprayed me from head to toe...including inside my helmet. :argue:1

Needless to say, I smelled real nice for the next 20 miles until we reached the next fuel station.

Tell us your stories~!~

I was riding behind a turbo busa in a group of bikes and just so happened he and his wife were the only ones that were not suited up to some degree, and were wearing t-shirts.

In front of him was a tractor trailer which threw up a nice size chunk of tire off the road and hit the rider square in the shoulder almost knocking him off the bike.

He did keep it up but had to ride in quite a bit of pain for the remainder of the trip~!~

Someone test driving a new altima on the interstate, for some reason the guy had put the magnetic plate on the side of the car. He wanted to kinda test this car before he bought it, I just stayed behind him to play. At about 80 something knocked the crap outta my shoulder (I think I was a magnet that was supposed to hold the plate on). I back off a little then all of the sudden the plate flies off and is coming for my head, luckly the plate went up when I ducked down, after that I just let him go, tucked my tail and went home. :poke:

I have been hit by many little things, three times I have had plastic grocery bags hit me, and one coke can that was thrown up by a truck in front of me. I saw it coming and tried to lift my foot to avoid it, and it got me anyway right on top of the foot. That one hurt!

Bubba

I was one lane over behind a truck carrying drywall. One these sheets caught the wind and flew straight up in the air, crashing across the windshield of the pickup right beside me (thank God it did not hit me)...the truck ran down the bank and into the field (couldnt see at all)

We were on a Poker Run a few years ago and something about the size of a golfball hit me in the shoulder. I figure it must have been a large beetle of some sort and it hurt a bit but didn't think much of it...........until..........my wifes rapps me across the head~!~

I turned around and almost went off the road I was laughing so hard, whatever it was I figure I must have busted it's shell because my wife's entire arm was covered with goo about 1/8 inch thick and about 2 feet long~!!~ :goodboy:

I was riding my Honda 350 south on I-71 outta Cleveland. I was craking along at about 70 MPH
and I noticed some kids in a car across the grass going north about the same speed.
I saw one of the kids do something with his arm out the window, but didn't realize what he
had done until a large slice of watermelon hit me in the chest at the effective speed of 140 MPH.
It knocked the wind out of me and I had to pull over and catch my breath. It was a couple
minutes before I could breathe again.!!
The next best thing was a flat rock about the size of my fist, that a truck kicked up in front of me. The rock hit me smack dab in the face and broke my goggles. Fortunately it hit perfectly flat and didn't break anything else.

How about a 5 foot long SNAKE!

Semi would you like to explain ?

Got dive bombed by an owl one night running up some back country roads something north of 80mph. The impact was left side of the head/shoulder and my buddy who was behind me said it looked like something exploded out of no where. Feathers and stuff all over the place, thankfully I had already been committing insect genocide so my face shield was down :laugh:

That was the night I figured out how to get the armor pieces out of the jacket and read the finer points of cleaning the joe rocket gear :whistle:

ran into a swarm of yellowjackets in SC. one stung me on my arm, the other went inside my helmet and got me under the ear. also close to home had about a 1inch rock come from a car and hit my visor not even 10sec after putting it down

I guess I've been lucky. just small pebbles and dirt glogs. most of the time they hit my hands. wearing gloves saves my fingers from being hurt bad. Just alittle sore.

ohh.,. i almost forgot. I've had bug guts get in my eye. that caused an infection. that sucked.

I got nailed with a cigar one day, was actually able to get a hold of it, and follow the guy into a Duncan Donuts, and KINDLY GIVE IT BACK TO HIM.

I remember a while ago someone on here getting blasted by a wild turkey. He said it took off out of a tree, but didn't get high enough in time, and he took it on the shoulder.....OUCH ! ANYONE REMEMBER THIS ?

Last edited:
Got dive bombed by an owl one night running up some back country roads something north of 80mph. The impact was left side of the head/shoulder and my buddy who was behind me said it looked like something exploded out of no where. Feathers and stuff all over the place, thankfully I had already been committing insect genocide so my face shield was down :laugh:

That was the night I figured out how to get the armor pieces out of the jacket and read the finer points of cleaning the joe rocket gear :whistle:

That reminds me of last hunting season sitting in my try stand just before dawn. I had a owl come in and try an either land on my head or thought it had a meal. At the last second i wave my arms and scare him as much as he scared me. He turns around and flys about 30 yards away lands on a fence pole and looks at me like what the hell was that. He must have sat there a good 5 minutes before taking off.

That reminds me of last hunting season sitting in my try stand just before dawn. I had a owl come in and try an either land on my head or thought it had a meal. At the last second i wave my arms and scare him as much as he scared me. He turns around and flys about 30 yards away lands on a fence pole and looks at me like what the hell was that. He must have sat there a good 5 minutes before taking off.

LOL, I Hit a jack rabbit with my back tire on my old vstrom, and threw it all over my friend ridding behind me. It split the rabbit in half showered his brand new helmet with blood and hair. The same rabbit took out my left foot as he decided to run under the bike. Just bruised it a bit. Then I was ridding on the loop on a my friends bike that had just been layed down, and we saw this coil of plastic hose rise up and fly out of the trucks bed infront of us. It was about 50ft of hose and tangled both of us up wrapped around the wheels, and around our chests, we both hit the brakes and moved over to the bar ditch. It was amazing how be both did the same thing at the same time or else the hose would have taken one of us out with it being so tight around us.

Talking about waskilly wabbits...

I had one zig zagging in the road in front of me, I'm doing about 40.

It zagged at the last minute and I knew it was going under my rear tire so I went to scoop it out of the way with my foot.

The rabbit rolled up my foot and partially up my leg before I did the scoot effect and the end result was this little fur ball getting punted about 20 feet out in front of me. He rolled for a little way then scooted up on all fours and pounced off the road like maaaaaaan that was one heckuva ride~!!~ :laugh:

a pheasant flew up in front of me on the highway and bounced off my windscreen and the top of my helmet. Luckily it didnt cause me to go down, but someone i know wasnt as lucky. They hit a turkey at 130 in the interstate without a helmet and wound up in the middle of a field. got a little brain damage from it and was in the hospital for quite a while

Here's Tofas2C's 175mph bird~!~

175mph bird.jpg

Back