Hallett Trackday Vid..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
An onboard perspective of the race track. My first trip there, and first actual dry track experience. Geez, I sure have a LOT to learn.
Was great fun anyway. This was the last session of the day and after 2 laps with the low fuel light on I pulled in rather than risk having to be hauled back on the trailer.
Toe sliders got scraped, but no track records were harmed in the making of this video.:laugh:

[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video. I can't wait till I can get my first track day under my belt. Thanks for sharing the video with all of us.

Cool, and it was great to meet you also. :thumbsup:

sounds like you had a great time. i'm planning on doing my 1st trackday at auto club speedway in fontana, ca. i'm feeling a little intimidated because the group that is going has a lot of track experience and i'm on the heaviest bike. i keep telling myself that i'm there for fun and to improve my riding skills.... but i'm still nervous.

Great vid, man.... that track looks like its all sweepers and has tons of run off!

Sounds like you ran that sucker, all in one gear too!

2nd gear. In the future I'll bump 3rd in 2 or 3 places. They were telling us (the HART class newbs) to keep our speed down on the straights and up in the corners, so I was revving it to 8000-9500 down the longest straight at somewhere around 80-90mph. And being a Busa, it pulled up quite nicely from 40-45mph out of the slowest corner.
Could have used 3rd and been over 100mph on the long straight, but I'll save that for next trip.:thumbsup:

2nd gear. In the future I'll bump 3rd in 2 or 3 places. They were telling us (the HART class newbs) to keep our speed down on the straights and up in the corners, so I was revving it to 8000-9500 down the longest straight at somewhere around 80-90mph. And being a Busa, it pulled up quite nicely from 40-45mph out of the slowest corner.
Could have used 3rd and been over 100mph on the long straight, but I'll save that for next trip.:thumbsup:

I did that on many of the straight later in the day. I didnt get a good shift coming into turn 10 in the 5th session and she popped out of gear just as I was getting into a full lean. Talk about butt pucker. :laugh:

Back