Bad chain ?

kennym4

Registered
Cleaning my chain today, well over due. I noticed an o-ring hanging off of a link. Does this mean my chain is shot ? I've seen threads on here before of broken chains....OUCH !! Don't want that AT ALL !!

When getting a new chain will I need to take links off (need a chain break) ?

Thanks
Kenny

Yep, sounds like U gotta bad chain and WILL need a chain breaker.!! Also a chain pin
swager. Good investment.!!
Usually when I get a bad chain, I spank it.!! :rofl:
When U get ur new chain installed, try going to the dry lube.
Lotta Bros are going to the "Dupont" spray teflon. Good stuff..!!

Last edited:
Cleaning my chain today, well over due. I noticed an o-ring hanging off of a link. Does this mean my chain is shot ? I've seen threads on here before of broken chains....OUCH !! Don't want that AT ALL !!

When getting a new chain will I need to take links off (need a chain break) ?

Thanks
Kenny

Also most companies sell specific chains for bikes so you will prolly not need a breaker :thumbsup:

I used a dremel and cut the chain then just put the new one on. I couldn't see giving 80 bucks for a chain breaker.

To be on the safe side I would go ahead and get a new chain. I would also go to the Dupont Teflon chain lube. I just recently started using it and I am loving it.

Yeah chains are very high, I was lucky my cousin had just totaled a 2007 GSXR1000 the chain was the same and only had about 4,000 miles on it :thumbsup:

PM Goldenchild for your chain. He was helpful when I decided to stretch mine.

Back