Sierraville/Downieville loop.........again!

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
This time though, we were without our main man Ralph (Pacemaster) because he had to work today. Two fellow FOG members aboard their Connie-14s and I joined the NSC ( Nevada Sportbike Club) out of Reno for the annual John Petty memorial ride. John was the founder of our club and was tragically killed on the Virginia City truck route in 2003.
Anyway, the three of us were towards the front of the 25 sportsbike group and were able to hold our own for close to 300 miles of pretty intense riding. My BT-016 rear is looking rather ragged, I think I might go back to Pilot Power CT2s, they seem to last longer, for me anyway.
Admittedly though, the leaders are trackday stars and smart enough to scale it down a notch or two on the street which made for an almost incident free day. One guy aboard his GSXR-750 did go down just outside of Sierraville, but fortunately it was in a series of tight low speed twisties and he ended up sliding off the shoulder, but was able to get up and get his bike back on the road. Banged his shoulder up pretty bad and will definitely be feeling it in the morning. Just a couple of pics and the leaders once again PROMISED to put video footage out on youtube in a couple days. When they do, I'll recall this thread and post a link. All in all, we had a great time and I think I properly represented the Hayabusa! No one passed me unless I let them and I passed more than a few! Nice mature talk for a guy that just turned 66, eh? Oh well............:laugh:
1st pic at a Reno Starbucks meeting place
2nd pic, Sierraville.
You Stampede attendees are gonna love this ride route in August!

100_3838 (Large).jpg

100_3841 (Large).jpg

I'm so there, Jimbo... So there.

Two months to go and all the hoons converge again on Reno...:beerchug:

Great pix and thanks for the share!

Cross your fingers that I can make it this year!! Thanks for sharing the pics of the ride with us.

Hey Jimbo, I did the 3 pass blast Sundee. Up Tioga across Monitor down Ebbits and home. 375 (s)miles. Was lookin for you old foggers out there.

6/25 we are going to ride Downie/Sierraville and spend the night at Topaz. If you want to hook up somewhere Fridee and join us let me know. Saturdee is kinda of up in the air. If you guys got something planned for the 26th maybe I'll split off and join you.

Let's Ride!

Back