109 miles on 1 tank of gas?

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
Is this pretty normal for city riding? i filled her up with Chevron 91 and only got 109 miles before needle touched RED pard of the gauge. Tank is not completely empty. Is this pretty normal mpg for city riding? Is there anything i can do to get few more mpg's if possible?

What year is your busa?
I have an 08 busa and average around 200 miles to a tank when the needle gets to the red.

Is this pretty normal for city riding? i filled her up with Chevron 91 and only got 109 miles before needle touched RED pard of the gauge. Tank is not completely empty. Is this pretty normal mpg for city riding? Is there anything i can do to get few more mpg's if possible?

Are ya sure it is not 209, cuz if ya get 109 to a tank, somthing aint right.
Even if ya beat it, 109 a tank seem very low.

Since i ride in a small city, there is lots of stop n go! Traffic lights/ stop signs. And i dont ride her on freeway...she never saw a freeway....

Since i ride in a small city, there is lots of stop n go! Traffic lights/ stop signs. And i dont ride her on freeway...she never saw a freeway....

When you're stopped the mpg doesn't calculate on the bike, only calculates rolling average so if you're in a lot of stop and go you're probably burning a lot off sitting there. There's still a good gallon left in the tank when the needle hits red. The float isn't the best in these and you'll notice it sits on F for quite awhile before moving but hits E fairly quick.

Not to thread jack or anything but has anyone ever tried BG 44k fuel injector cleaner additive? I bought some the other day in a 11oz can {3oz treats 5 1/2 gallon tank}. I noticed my bike had more pep and it seemed to ride much smoother.
208-208A.jpg

Are you the first owner?
Do you have any performance mods that may be tuned incorrectly?

In the city I get 30-35 MPG and on the highway I get around 45 MPG with a 2008.

This last tank that i got 109 mpg's i did put some fuel injector cleaner in there as well. In other threads i read people recommending to use 89 or 87 gas instead of 91

That's about what I get too, but I am not at 3K unless I am at a stop light.:whistle:
Bubba

This last tank that i got 109 mpg's i did put some fuel injector cleaner in there as well. In other threads i read people recommending to use 89 or 87 gas instead of 91

06 with stock motor your wasting your money running more than 87.

Sometime i feel dumb asking these sort of questions cuz i cud just imagine some of you going like :banghead: who is the rookie!!

Back