differences between 1st and 2nd gen frames?

jspin

Registered
i bought my 07 busa new and dont want to cut up a clean title bike. so if i'm transferring parts over to an 08 frame, which parts wont work? i've heard the foot pegs are different, but thats about it. will things like the fairing stay and body work bolt up without issues?

thanks!

The holes for the footpegs are different I think. The bodywork will be ok as long as you use all gen 1 on the front. You can use the gen 1 bodywork on the backend but I think you have to change the subframe out.

its going to be a cut seat rail bike, so i'm using a different subframe and tail section anyway. all the body work, fairing stay, gauges, wiring, etc is coming from m 07, i just dont want to cut the frame up in case i want to put it back on the street some day.

I dont think much will tranfer over to the 2008 and up the tail section is compleatly different as stated as well as much other things

its going to be a cut seat rail bike, so i'm using a different subframe and tail section anyway. all the body work, fairing stay, gauges, wiring, etc is coming from m 07, i just dont want to cut the frame up in case i want to put it back on the street some day.

I think all of that will work, you might check on psychobike or sh.org as they probably have more experience with this. There are quite a few parts that are interchangable.

I think the only difference between the 2 frames is the 2nd gen frame has a hole so you can put the 2nd gen plastics on as that is one of the ways that they attatch. I wish I was able to post a pic of it.

Every thing from a gen 1 will bolt on to a gen 2!

I think ever the front peg assemblies will work also!

Back