Automatic Battery Float Charger $3.99 plus shipping (or pick up in-store for cheap)

stepaukob

Registered
Probably ok for a spare and even better if you live by a store. Either way, cheaper than Fleabay.

If you go to the store bring a copy of the ad from the internet (or call first to make sure they'll give it to you for the same price). I stopped by the store and it didn't ring up to the internet sale price, the woman told me I'd have to bring a copy of the ad from the internet.

Automatic Battery Float Charger

Re: Automatic Battery Float Charger $3.99 plus shipping (or pick up in-store for chea

I have a problem trusting a Chinese $3 charger plugged in at my house while I am away............

Re: Automatic Battery Float Charger $3.99 plus shipping (or pick up in-store for chea

They have a tendency to catch on fire if you connect them to a less than fully charged battery. I've had great luck with other harbor freight stuff, but I wouldn't buy one of these ever again. :D

Buy the Yuasa we carry. Why burn down a half million dollar home with a $3 charger Priceless :rofl:... The yuasa one is good had same one for 5 years and it's used in shop continuously.. $50 tyd and comes with ring & clip terminals..

Picture 154.jpg

I tested a cheapie too and it did not turn off as stated.
I'd favor the Yuasa, very likely fine for AGM batteries, as is Battery Tender Plus.
Battery Tender Jr is $25 w/free shipping on ebay. I've used it to maintain 2 big boat batteries in parallel with no problem -- so it can take much more than it's designed for.

I've been using two of the $21 Schumacher tenders from Walmart almost continuously for about 5 months now. I switch between bikes all the time and even use it when the batteries have been so low that they couldn't even turn the bike over. Absolutely no problems so far. Even fully charged my Acura's battery when I -em-

Plus they include the circuitry that breaks down the crystal buildup that occurs in lead acid batteries.

0002666670717_215X215.jpg

Link

Last edited:

I've been using this one for about 6 months pretty often and with no issues.

I have a V-meter permanently installed on the bike and connected straight to the battery. Unlike regular chargers which would go up to 15V, this one would not go beyond 13.2V - as the manual says. I kept the bike on it for days, and I am sure you can keep it on for weeks. As the battery's voltage rises during the charging process, it will float at a safe 13.2V - barely charging.

I vaguely recall the manual saying not to connect to a discharged battery.

I also think that what they say about automatic safety shut off refers to shutting off in conditions like wrong polarity, or a short circuit - not during normal operation. There is no point auto shutting off a floating charger. If you ever measure a current of a floating charger, I am sure it will be a few mA, while during normal charge the current will be hundreds mA.

Last edited:
Back