Where does this piece go?

werepe

Registered
I recently just purchased an '06 Busa and had to install new fairings on it since it either didn't have any or they were damaged. I managed to get the pieces from several sources. Now the bike is complete...so I thought. Now I came across a piece of metal that says "Fairing Bracket" which I never saw nor do I have any clue where it supposed to be installed. Please see the attachment.
Can anyone please help by telling me where it needs to go, and if there are any more like it that I may be missing so I can find them, bu, and install.
Please help. I'm new to Busa hence this forum as well.

Thank you.

bracket.jpg

I believe that it connects the left side to the right side on the belly of the bike near the front bolt holes.

Fairing bracket that connects left side fairing and right side fairing. There are two sets of fairing holes on the lower edge of each fairing. The set of holes that is furthest to the rear is where it connects.

They are all right on where it goes, however, I was thinking the first few years of the busa did not have this??? A 2006 definitly would have it but if your plastics are older they may not have a hole. Look on the bottom portion of either side plastics, it is the second bolt behind the front wheel.

Hayabusa pic.JPG

They are all right on where it goes, however, I was thinking the first few years of the busa did not have this??? A 2006 definitly would have it but if your plastics are older they may not have a hole. Look on the bottom portion of either side plastics, it is the second bolt behind the front wheel.

All years are the same.

All years are the same.

not true that is how you distiguish 99-00 plastics that are originally from a 99-00 vs the 01-07 replacement stuff...original 99-00 bikes didn't have those,nor will original 99-00 plastic if you see a 99-00 bike with oem color plastics and those two holes are there it's a fraud or been down and got new plastics with old colors..

I believe that it connects the left side to the right side on the belly of the bike near the front bolt holes.

Yep, confirmed. That's it.

Well, looks like it....same on my 2006.

Last edited:
W-O-O-O-O-W...this forum is awesome. I got this many responses within a short period of time...I'm amazed.
THANK YOU to very much for helping me with this. I hope I'm not missing any other bracket anywhere else.
The replacement fairings from the same year (2006).

I'm uploading pictures of the before and after of the bike. thanks everyone.

b4_2.jpg

after_5.jpg

not true that is how you distiguish 99-00 plastics that are originally from a 99-00 vs the 01-07 replacement stuff...original 99-00 bikes didn't have those,nor will original 99-00 plastic if you see a 99-00 bike with oem color plastics and those two holes are there it's a fraud or been down and got new plastics with old colors..

+1

:beerchug:

Hiya

I am looking for that piece. The one on my bike is rusted through and not too sure how long the threads will last.

Thanks

Back