Brake pads ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
What have you found to be best, and why?

-Are Semi-Metallic like stock?
-I have had HH on my Gen I and like em.
-Galfer or EBC? or ?

I have also seen some Kevlar pads, any feedback?

based on feedback I've read here, a lot of fans for the EBH HH pads. I am also planning to upgrade the pads on my bike so will be watching this thread.

I am hooked on the EBC Extreme Pro pads. I've used all sorts of pads over the years and these pads have the best feel of all. They probably don't grip and better than the standard EBC HH pads but the feel is incredable. Once you begin to trail brake you'll grow to appreciate the Extreme Pro.

Do the Extreme Pros last as long (or close to) as the HHs?
I'm using the EBC HH pads now and like 'em, but always looking for something better.

For street, I go with the stock stuff, race pads are of little use in the rain and I have never had a problem with stock pads letting me down on the street. They are also easier on stock rotors.

For the track, Carbone Lorraine C44 have served me well.

Last edited:
you might want to reconsider buying stock pads if you have a Gen 2. They are double the price of Gen 1. Ouch...

I've been using nothing but Ebay Kevlar pads on the Harley and now the Busa and
they seem to be working well. Not much wear to the rotors and little dust..!!
Very good stopping power.!!

any feedback on dp brake pads? ive used ebc hh for sometime and like them but a friend told me he uses the dp pads and they are better in his opinion

I have the extreme pro pads on my 1000 and love them, and the HH on my busa and they are OK but wish i would have put the extreme pros on it also, cause they have lasted well.

can someone clarify the differences between the EBC Extreme pro and EBC HH pads: extreme pros last longer, run cooler, have less stopping power and cost more than the EBC HH pads????

which pad is more likely to warp the stock rotors?

can someone clarify the differences between the EBC Extreme pro and EBC HH pads: extreme pros last longer, run cooler, have less stopping power and cost more than the EBC HH pads????

which pad is more likely to warp the stock rotors?

I think you have that info backwards. Less stopping power? Is this from your personal experience?

I got some ss lines and galfer waves and hh pads.Some have said the ebc hh pads are noisey.Not sure but loved the carbon lorraines i had on my 1k.

Both the EBC HH and the Extreme Pros have great grip. It's the Extreme Pros that has that silky soft feel to them. Makes me feel all fuzz inside every time I use them :thumbsup:

Both the EBC HH and the Extreme Pros have great grip. It's the Extreme Pros that has that silky soft feel to them. Makes me feel all fuzz inside every time I use them :thumbsup:

lmao :laugh:

Im going to be due for pads soon. im probably going with stock cause i dont want to warp my stock rotors

I have had both the EBC HH pads and the Galfer. Can't really tell the difference, but one part of me tells me it's the Galfer pads.

Back