What are Gen 1's actually selling for?

Datsun350Z

Registered
I have my 2004 listed on here, and on Craigslist.
KBB Book value is $6600, Trade in Value is $4550.

My bike is listed for $5500 with the Carbon fiber fairings and fender, and $5000 with stock bodywork.

I'm asking $450 over what I would get as a trade in, Whats the problem?

I haven't received any response at all, no tire kickers, window shoppers, test pilots, nothing.

Any tips, advice, offers, suggestions for other sites to sell on?

Here an craiglist could be limiting exposure..

try motorcycle trader an ebay also. be patient.

+1 to above (found my current bikes on ebay and cycletrader). plus the economy STILL sucks.

I looked for a long time for a busa project. Eventually picked up an ultra low mileage 2003 for $3000 BUT it was missing forks,tank, all brake stuff & hump. Hope that helps.

In all the time I looked, I almost never found one for under $5000 that was even ridable.

There's a spotless '05 silver & blue for sale at the shop by my house.
7000 miles, still has what's left of the OEM BT56s on it, Yoshi Bling chrome (can't remember the # name/code for them) mufflers, otherwise stock and mint.. $5900.

Last edited:
It's a strange market right now. Some cities have some available at decent prices
and in other cities you can't find them. I know here in Toledo and Cleveland, they are
scarce as hens teeth. In Detroit, there's a few available at decent prices or there was when
I was looking. The dealer here in Toledo gets one in and its gone in a day or two for
just about whatever price they want for it.!! Go figure......
Anyway, keep trying and keep it posted as many places as you can.
Good luck.

A bike as big as the big is a luxury for most and lots of people can't afford such things right now. Those that can are most likely buying new Gen2 style.

+1 to above (found my current bikes on ebay and cycletrader). plus the economy STILL sucks.

Agreed, not many people buying yet. Alot of folks dont have a job, or just as bad for a seller- they have a job but just not feeling secure. This leave's only the few buyers who feel good about their situation -they can look at a hundred bikes and try lowball you if you dont accept- they'll move on to the next, eventually someone WILL bite.

I can see it, and here is my suggestion. Leave the price as it is, but take the carbon fiber pieces off, return it to oem. It will sell faster, then you can sell carbon fiber body parts. 5k for that bike is a not a bad deal, keep the extra body work and make a little off of it.

I don't see them selling on ebay, and the Harley group has similar problems. The market for "nice" things is pretty much dead in the water...

found my 1999 w/ 9k carbon full exhaust, custom wheels and power commander for 4500 last may here in nm i wasnt serious about getting a busa but had been looking and knew it was a smokin deal everything else i had seen had 30k miles in that price range

ive never had much luck w/ craigs list but try ebay but start your bidding low like 3500 to get more watchers just make sure you state its for sale locally and reserve the right end auction at anytime as long as you end it 24 hrs before the bidding ends. make sure you put your phone # on the ad every vehicle that i have sold i have had them sold before it ended then just cancel the ad and they dont charge you

found my 1999 w/ 9k carbon full exhaust, custom wheels and power commander for 4500 last may here in nm i wasnt serious about getting a busa but had been looking and knew it was a smokin deal everything else i had seen had 30k miles in that price range

That is one smokin deal indeed :thumbsup:

The problem is that the link works, but I can't find it on Craigslist when I look for it. ???

Same here, looks lfrom the link that you have it listed in Queens NY. I cant find it there either. Id say start form scratch a relist it where ya want it and make sure it goes up correctly. Maybe a CL tech issue?:thumbsup:

Like some of the other guys have stated, you need to post it on multiple sites. I would even try other cities that are close to you on Craigslist.

Back