Gen 2 exhaust on Gen 1 ?

there was a post in the new owners section i think a while ago with pics
sorry cant be more helpful :beerchug:

some one told me the headers have a lil different bend to them but dont know how true that is.

I'm running Gen II pipes on my Gen I.
What I had to do was use the mid-pipes from the Gen I, the pipe itself fits perfectly, but the mounting holes don't line up, so I used over-sized washers with the existing bolts to hold onto the lip of the Gen I mid-pipes (makes sense when you try it.) I also fashioned a pair of small L-brackets to hold the chrome front trim. Lastly, I had to use a pair of $1.75 U-Bolts from Home Depot to extend the mounting hole on the bike, but I plan to make a more elegant mounting plate soon.

Personally I think they look great, it's a pity they are so heavy, but on the flip side they are very quiet and I figure they probably flow better than the Gen I pipes too.

busa2.jpg

I love the sound of the Gen I exhaust, but not so thrilled with the "old school" aluminum can look. The Gen II cans are funky, but I like 'em, and they must be cheap on the used market.

Dehning, I think your bike looks great all around and like the Gen II cans on it. Thanks for posting.

I love the sound of the Gen I exhaust, but not so thrilled with the "old school" aluminum can look. The Gen II cans are funky, but I like 'em, and they must be cheap on the used market.

Dehning, I think your bike looks great all around and like the Gen II cans on it. Thanks for posting.

The first set of Gen II cans I traded for something I had lying around but the set that I have on now cost me 99c off ebay and they are almost perfect! :thumbsup:

I'm running Gen II pipes on my Gen I.
What I had to do was use the mid-pipes from the Gen I, the pipe itself fits perfectly, but the mounting holes don't line up, so I used over-sized washers with the existing bolts to hold onto the lip of the Gen I mid-pipes (makes sense when you try it.) I also fashioned a pair of small L-brackets to hold the chrome front trim. Lastly, I had to use a pair of $1.75 U-Bolts from Home Depot to extend the mounting hole on the bike, but I plan to make a more elegant mounting plate soon.

Maybe you could post some close-up pics of these specific areas for us? Thanks.

Back