Why go for the Hayabusa?

The_Gem

Registered
Well, I am curious as to why we all dove/ran/jogged/walked rappidly/headed to/ended up with/tackled/swan dived/got at ect.ect. to the Hayabusa?

Was it the big, mean looks? The speed? The comfort? The "Nifty chinese symbol on the side", yea, someone asked me about that once. :rofl:

Me? I went at it for the SIZE, not the engine size, but the bikes physical big-ness. I am 6 foot 6, 200 lbs, Im a stick. the 600s and the small "Toy" bikes as I call them, like the Ninja, made me look likea grass hopper with my legs all up in the handlebars. :lol:

So, why did you go for it? :poke:

I wanted a sport bike and a touring bike the busa just seemed to be the best of both. It did help that the insurance was half the price of the CBR1000.

The "Nifty chinese symbol on the side" is actually a Japanese character (Kanji). Why the BUSA? It is THE king of the hill :beerchug:

I went for it because I like the looks and size and comfort. Im not really in it for the speed and craziness, though I do like WOT every now and then. Plus it's Badd @$$ and noone wants to mess with you on the road.

PS I think he knows what the symbol is, but someone else thought it was a Chinese symbol that calles it Busta!

I didn't want to be left on the porche with the rest of the dogs.:laugh:

It was an easy choice at the time. Great bike for anything and everything with tons of power.

Best looking bike on the road, easy to lower. the acceleration was just unexpected icing on the cake:laugh:

I bought it because it's clearly a "girl's bike" :laugh:

Way to go Michelle! :rofl:

My wife laughed at me because she thought I would never ride another Jap bike after so many years riding choppers...she even thought it was hilarious when I bought an HD bagger with a WINDSHIELD! I longed for the Busa from 1999 to 2006, big enough for me 6'2" and 240 lbs., beautiful lines, plenty of power, torque and it growled instead of the high pitched whine. This has been the most fun bike I have ever owned.

Specifically, I bought the '99 copper since it is arguably the most epic sportbike to ever be produced/marketed.

Well mainly because it was orange!

When I bought my hayabusa i was riding my old kawasaki 500r. i wanted a bike that had a stiffer frame, sportier suspension and of course more power. When I sat on it i immediately noticed it was a bit more comfortable than the liters and 600s I had tried out and I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that all the hype associated with these bikes didn't influence me at least a little bit. It has been great bike to learn to ride on.

I know that its Japanese, i was quoting the guy xD

Learning on the busa was the smartest thing Ive done since. well, ever. The power keeps you timid, but the looks keep you wanting to come back. The mode selector helped to, of course i blasted through from C to A in no time, gotta be able to "Unleash the beast" when the mood strikes on the freeway in the middle of the day before rush hour. :whistle:

I've always liked the look of the busa, but the org kind of scared me before I knew how to ride. Then about 5 months after getting my M1 a friend came over and let me ride his and I was hooked. The first chance I had to get one I jumped at it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Many reasons for me in one shot:

1. As a kid growing up I wanted to have the biggest... baddest Sport Bike when I could afford it.

2. I wanted something that I could ride two up and both be comfortable.

3. My best friend bought one in 2001 and handed me the keys... I even had one for a few weeks to ride. Was hooked end of story!

4. The Gen II called to me... and it fit me like my 02 Gsxr 1000.

5. I got out of a long and hard relationship, and getting this made me feel BETTER! It rubbed a few people the wrong way when I got it... and it still does!:whistle:

6. My current girl friend loves it! She rather be on it then the 1k when we ride two up! Her first bike ride ever was on a my Busa!

7. Just say Hayabusa and most people already know what it is!

Just a few reasons!:laugh:

Last edited:
I took my MSF course in 02 and put off buying a bike until now. I worked with a guy who drags a Busa and he influenced my decision. But when my wife said she wanted me to get one :thumbsup: we sat every bike at two delearships HDs to HD wanna bes to GSXR 600 and the Busa was the most comfortable thing we tried. We didn't sit on a Goldwing… I'm not ready for that yet.
So the Busa is my first bike an I bought it because I felt safer about riding it than any other bike.

My reason, I learned to ride bike when I bought my first Hayabusa in 2002. After u ride a Hayabusa u don't need nothing else.:thumbsup::cheerleader:

Back