Selling bike - ad input please

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, for a variety of reasons mostly money for school I am going to try and sell my bike, below is what I have typed up so far. I am trying to be up front about all flaws in bike because I don't want it on my mind when selling it. Would appreciate any thoughts on what else I should or should not say. Thanks.

1999 Hayabusa

As pictured there is slight rash on left side from me dropping it garage (kickstand got notched up when I was moving it)

Bike has following mods:
-slip on two brothers carbon fiber pipes
-HID high/low beam
-Galfer steel braided brake and clutch lines
-integrated LED tail light with smoked lense
-smoked front turn signals
-All Balls wheel bearings about 300 miles ago
-aftermarket cush rubbers
-EK ZZZ chain has ~3000 miles on it
-polished front rotors
-Galfer hh brake pads front and rear
-inline fuel filter
-rear sprocket has 1 more tooth than stock for extra torque, speedohealer is installed but I am unaware if it is functioning properly, on occasion under high revs the speedometer jumps around before it settles on the correct speed

The radiator mounting tabs are broken on top; presumably the previous owner wheelied the bike. I have not, but the radiator still operates properly and I only noticed when I had the fairings off the bike for maintenance.

The speedometer goes to 220mph, the 1999/2000 Hayabusas have no speed governor on them; in 2001 all major Japanese manufacturers agreed to install speed governors from the factory so some refer to the 1999/2000 model Hayabusas as the fastest production bike in the world.

Tires are Pirelli Angels with about 300 miles. Current inspection is good through October 2010.

I am selling due to lack of riding and high insurance costs. I have owned the bike since last spring. The odometer currently reads 32xxx, however the title has over 40k marked on it. It was like this when I purchased it at 28xxx. I am thereby not positive of the mileage on the engine. I have run Amsoil in it since I purchased it. About 500 miles ago I had the valves adjusted by a Suzuki dealer and all were well within spec. There will be no test rides. Cash transactions only, I am not interested in trades. Clear title in hand.

This bike is NOT for beginners, it can be extremely dangerous due to the power output at the wheel, I also would not recommend it for small people due to the weight of the bike.

Hey guys, for a variety of reasons mostly money for school I am going to try and sell my bike, below is what I have typed up so far. I am trying to be up front about all flaws in bike because I don't want it on my mind when selling it. Would appreciate any thoughts on what else I should or should not say. Thanks.

1999 Hayabusa

As pictured there is slight rash on left side from me dropping it garage (kickstand got notched up when I was moving it)

Bike has following mods:
-slip on two brothers carbon fiber pipes
-HID high/low beam
-Galfer steel braided brake and clutch lines
-integrated LED tail light with smoked lense
-smoked front turn signals
-All Balls wheel bearings about 300 miles ago
-aftermarket cush rubbers
-EK ZZZ chain has ~3000 miles on it
-polished front rotors
-Galfer hh brake pads front and rear
-inline fuel filter
-rear sprocket has 1 more tooth than stock for extra torque, speedohealer is installed but I am unaware if it is functioning properly, on occasion under high revs the speedometer jumps around before it settles on the correct speed

The radiator mounting tabs are broken on top; presumably the previous owner wheelied the bike. I have not, but the radiator still operates properly and I only noticed when I had the fairings off the bike for maintenance.

The speedometer goes to 220mph, the 1999/2000 Hayabusas have no speed governor on them; in 2001 all major Japanese manufacturers agreed to install speed governors from the factory so some refer to the 1999/2000 model Hayabusas as the fastest production bike in the world.

Tires are Pirelli Angels with about 300 miles. Current inspection is good through October 2010.

I am selling due to lack of riding and high insurance costs. I have owned the bike since last spring. The odometer currently reads 32xxx, however the title has over 40k marked on it. It was like this when I purchased it at 28xxx. I am thereby not positive of the mileage on the engine. I have run Amsoil in it since I purchased it. About 500 miles ago I had the valves adjusted by a Suzuki dealer and all were well within spec. There will be no test rides. Cash transactions only, I am not interested in trades. Clear title in hand.

This bike is NOT for beginners, it can be extremely dangerous due to the power output at the wheel, I also would not recommend it for small people due to the weight of the bike.

I would drop the bolded parts if it were me.

i wouldnt be giving away clues that it might have been wheelied by previous :whistle:

I just want to be up front, I was POed when I found it and I would rather not have it on my mind about screwing the next owner.

Thanks for links, I will prob change to 5k asking price, but first I need to figure out how I screwed up the posting.....

1999 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R

It is there, published at 2:50 EST, but when you click the category link....it isnt there, and it does not show up in searches.

Back