My prognosis of the S1000RR

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
If you want the best street production liter bike, plan on buying a new one every year, worse than the IPhone.

This bike sure has attracted attention. ???

One thing to remember is that all Superbike competitors to BMW, currently make MotoGp bikes, 800cc, 230hp, 325lbs, top track speeds above 350km/h with lots of electronics and they race them competitively. BMW still has nothing and a long way to go. The competition has a clear experience advantage if they decide to respond with something new for the street. 2012 MotoGP will be back to 1000cc and more fun will follow, as the R&D teams are back to the drawing board right now.

Look at redundancy of a liter bike being less than 2 years, who cares about reliability.

if you are waiting for best and baddest you will never buy a new bike. if you have the garage space and the disposable income, you can get the baddest whenever they come out. I have always liked bmw bikes but none of them were ever sporty enough for me. this one is and has a price point that is reasonable to boot. expect a small price increase on the 2011 MY, its already a fact for the euro bubbas. also, no more bikes in the US for the 2010 MY than the 2500 that they have allotted.

as for reliability, 3 yr 36,000 with roadside assistance is a nice warm fuzzy from bmw.

it is a step in a intresting direction from bmw..but will see how things add up for reliablity ect

Doesn't take anything away from the fact that the Beemer is the bad boy on the block right now and that's all that matters.

LOVE IT! WANT IT!

:laugh:

I totaly agree that in order to have the best liter bike you'll need to buy one every year, every 2 years at best. Same thing with 600s also. However I'm not sure how much Moto GP expierience really translates to street bikes. Those bikes are nothing like what we're able to get our hands on. That being said, I have no doubt that should they choose too the japanese will be capable spitting out a bike equal to or greater than the BMW and I am very interested to see what they respond with. I would also like to see BMW come out with a 600cc bike.

I totaly agree that in order to have the best liter bike you'll need to buy one every year, every 2 years at best. Same thing with 600s also. However I'm not sure how much Moto GP expierience really translates to street bikes. Those bikes are nothing like what we're able to get our hands on. That being said, I have no doubt that should they choose too the japanese will be capable spitting out a bike equal to or greater than the BMW and I am very interested to see what they respond with. I would also like to see BMW come out with a 600cc bike.

Everything trickles down from the top....that being MotoGP and WSBK.

Speaking of WSBK....BMW continues to show a drastic improvement from their 1st year out of 2009. Only going to keep gettig stronger.

agreed, as Corser and Xaus figure these bikes out and get a better connected feel for them they will donimate. in the FIM 1000 class the BMW is already dominating with Badovini., along with many AMA riders.

agreed, as Corser and Xaus figure these bikes out and get a better connected feel for them they will donimate. in the FIM 1000 class the BMW is already dominating with Badovini., along with many AMA riders.

One thing Rossi and Spies showed the world, is that it is not the bike, but the rider. A lot of debate in racing circles that Spies did definitely not have the best bike for winning his WSBK title.

I agree the Beemer is the best bad ass 1L bike you can buy right now, but once the mods start such as in WSBK Superbike, they are not getting more out of that motor than any of their competitors do. The street version is just winding the revolutions a little higher than the competition and then there is the electronics, which some say should be turned off for best track performance if ridden by a pro.

One thing Rossi and Spies showed the world, is that it is not the bike, but the rider. A lot of debate in racing circles that Spies did definitely not have the best bike for winning his WSBK title.

I agree the Beemer is the best bad ass 1L bike you can buy right now, but once the mods start such as in WSBK Superbike, they are not getting more out of that motor than any of their competitors do. The street version is just winding the revolutions a little higher than the competition and then there is the electronics, which some say should be turned off for best track performance if ridden by a pro.

Spies is my hero! :bowdown:

GO :usa: !!!

I know for a fact the ZX10 for 2011 is going to be All New, I heard rumors from a Suzuki source, that this true for the GSXR1000 also, Thats why no 2010's for Suz...

I know for a fact the ZX10 for 2011 is going to be All New, I heard rumors from a Suzuki source, that this true for the GSXR1000 also, Thats why no 2010's for Suz...

That would be interesting, seeing that they just completely re-did the Gixxer last year ...... and Kawasucki.... well they need to re-do their liter entry, they have virtually no existence in any of the large sanctioned race bodies right now!

...... and Kawasucki.... well they need to re-do their liter entry, they have virtually no existence in any of the large sanctioned race bodies right now!

i would like to see a detailed explanation on why kawi sucks in the higher levels of racing, from their team managers. All of the japanese bikes have been pretty much even off the showroom floor.

Brian Ride that Zx10, It's fast as Balls...

No doubt...I'm sure it is! But for marketing purposes everything begins w/ a companys racing sucess, which in turn trickles down to the consumer. I was just saying that Kawai has no presence in major racing right now....hence why they need a serious rebuild on their 1000 model.

:beerchug:

Miss ridin' w/ ya buddy!

In WSBK and MotoGP the bike and the rider are 50/50 in my eyes! If the rider is off ...the bike if off! If the bike is off the rider is off.... or even worse tossed off! Look at Nickey Haden this year.... different bike then last year and now he is a few seconds off from the leaders. Last year he was running at best 8 spot and further back! Ben Spies is proof a rider can ride around flaws or a bikes weakness to get it up front. Rossi did this on the Yamaha after leaving Honda. It wasnt the best bike of the field either. But back on topic... the new BMW looks to be what the Germans intended to do! Go after the Japanese market for sportbikes! :thumbsup: and that goes to them for the hard work and effort! I hope the Japanese get it into high gear and produce a bike that goes head to head with them! Means more for us to choose, as well as top level performance that most of us have a hard time using! I have a 09 gsxr 1k and man it is a hand full when it gets going... it makes the busa feel tame!

The BMW is one sweet piece. My 08 Busa made 184 hp with TiForce exhaust. My friends new 1000RR BMW just made 181hp bone stock on the same dyno on a much hotter day??? I have ridden it...it feels like my wifes 08 GSXR750 with a ton more power. I would not trade my big girl for one...it feels really buzzy and cramped to me but the japs are gonna have to step it up for sure to compete with this monster. The brakes...shift assist and wheelie control all work great....if it were more comfortable and smoother the big girl would be gone.

Back