Tre?

You'll hear yes and no, depending on who you ask. Most tuners don't like them because they borrow fuel maps from other gears.

I've used the simple plug-in kind, then the gps replacement one, and finally just use the ecu editor to correct things. As far as good investment, that depends on your needs.

i find the bike to sharp low down , prefer it with out , i find it more manageable in the low gears with out it :whistle:

yeah i plan to dyno tune it definately...ok so forget the tre..thanks guys..i just hope this problem is due to the lack of a power commander... i do want a new exhaust though..single any ideas for a good one..not too $$$$

Most exhaust similiar in style to what you have will make similiar tuned hp numbers. If you go with something short (like Brocks) you'll gain a couple more hp, but it will be very loud.
Just go with what you like the looks of. Pick one or two, then ask the sponsors here, they'll get you the best price.

Forget the TRE and go with a good dyno tune. You will like the bike a lot better with a custom tune.

agree with Big - I have had them on and off and now from experiance from years of playing with them have come to the conclusion a good tune is better value for $$ plus you can get around it other ways now i.e. flash etc

if all you are looking for is to get rid of the speed limiter, call or go to boost by smith .com all one word, he is very helpful, and sells a cable if your bike is the right year and this will rais your rev limiter and turn off your speed limiter, and a bunce of other stuff, it lets you control fuel maps and well hey I am not the spokeman call him, you'll be glad you did

can i get a tre on the bike and then have it tuned?

Get your ecu flashed, that will remove all restrictions!!! find a tuner near you that uses the ecu editor, it cost me $225 and my bike is now unrestricted and runs like a dream :thumbsup:

Back