Went For A Ride, Took Some Dam Pictures..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
:laugh:
Powersite dam in Forsyth MO. Built in the middle 20's, the first dam on the White River. A state of the art hydro-electric plant when it was built, it still generates power today for Empire Electric Co-op (who I pay my electric bill to). My father was a float guide on the White River in the 30's, told me stories of the floods of that time reducing Powersite Dam to just a ripple in the river. Hard to imagine.
Anywho..

PowersiteDam5-30-2010001.jpg

PowersiteDam5-30-2010007.jpg

PowersiteDam5-30-2010010.jpg

From the top..
PowersiteDam5-30-2010011.jpg

Bull Shoals lake below the dam..
PowersiteDam5-30-2010014.jpg

And Tanycomo lake behind the dam..
PowersiteDam5-30-2010015.jpg

Tanycomo is fed now by the power generation spill from Tablerock lake, plus the overflow from the upper spill gates in times of higher lake levels (like now). The water coming from the bottom of Tablerock (almost 300ft deep) through the generators is about 48 degrees, which has made Tanycomo the perfect Trout lake. Rainbow and Brown, some get to be huge, well over 20lbs.
When the retched tourist season slows down this fall, I'll get some pictures of Tablerock dam, and some of the (slightly scary when you think about it) artesian gushers that spout out of the ground all around the ends of the dam.
Well, thats what I did today, rode the bike, slid some twisties, and took some pictures. Pretty good time.
hope you all enjoy them.:thumbsup:
Tom

Both of those lakes are great for cat fish. Caught some big ones out of them. Thanks for sharing Tom! :thumbsup:

Dam It, Tom!

What have I told you about posting those dam pictures! :whistle:

Good stuff, bro!

Nice pics

Ive spent quite a bit of time on Tablerock around the Shellknob area, Beautifull lake. :thumbsup:

WoW, that is nice. I have family about 3hrs north of that. Im going to have to make a trip south some time when I go out there to visit.

Back