Just got new toy, trying to identify exhaust??

Amelio

Registered
hey Everyone I finally made a 280 mile (one way) trip yesterday to pick up my new toy. I love the this bike...I have been trying to identify the exhaust on it. From pics of other setups it looks like either a Roaring Toyz or the Voodoo sytems.

There are no markings other than RT2 stamped on the bottom which I am guessing it is a Roaring Toyz but have been on their site and can not find anything that relates to that number. Any idea or who else has this system....

I love the sound! just curious to the make.

Thanks!

DSC02897.JPG

DSC02904.JPG

That looks to be voodoo, or an autozone special do it yourself exhaust.

Congrats on the new toy. She looks good.:thumbsup:

That looks like a mid-pipe that has been slash-cut. I might be wrong but that is what I think it is. It looks pretty good and clean.

hmmmmm that's not what I wanted to hear but I did suspect it. When I found the bike and saw the picture I thought the same thing.....that the pipes had been cut. The previous owner did not know as he bought the bike like this. I tried to identify it the best I could from the pics.

As I looked at it yesterday before I bought it I was still unsure but it was not enough for me to not buy it since it was setup like I want the color was right and only 8k on the odometer.

This is not how I would do it, I would have a real system on the bike, any issues with a lean condition like this? I will now buy a system for the bike but until I do you think it will be ok? I don't want to have a problem with low back pressure and burning a valve or is there enough pipe there to keep that from happening?

I had a system that looked exactly like this on my bike when I got it. Engine seemed to run OK and made a nice sound but didn't have much low end torque. At first I thought the pipes had been cut off, but when I took the old mufflers off, I found that the header pipes were OK and all it needed was a set of mid-pipes
and some mufflers, which I found on Craigs-list.

I would say Roaring Toyz, or Voodoo if there wasn't that weld around the middle ?

That was VERY popular before the Alien Head came out, and the short Muzzy (not sure what it's called).

Did he tell you that you were getting the fastest color out there !!

WELCOME to the .Org !!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new toy. She looks good.:thumbsup:

That looks like a mid-pipe that has been slash-cut. I might be wrong but that is what I think it is. It looks pretty good and clean.

That's exactly what it is.. To do the correct mid pipe mod you cut it at the flange so you DO NOT cut the baffle. That keeps the back pressure... This is essentially a straight pipe with no baffle.. You might be able to get a custom washer machined to fit between baffle and midpipe and create backpressure and it will quite it just a bit. It will still rumble though.. It's not anything that the guy purchased from ebay or anything, just a cut midpipe.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the reply's.....it threw me off at first because it is a very nice clean cut and I did not know that there were baffles in the stock mid pipe. I really love the sound and the look and I really do not think there is any performance loss with this setup. My previous Busa was a bone stock '05 and my butt dyno tells me this bike feels as fast if not faster.

The guy I bought it from was the second owner and he did not know too much about it, he basically bought the bike cause he loved the look but as far as some of the other mods the bike has he thought was stock. I asked him if it had been tuned or had a power commander and he did not know, the bike sure feels very strong!

I have not yet looked to see if it has a commander and I have a local shop here mu buddy works at that has a dyno, I am gonna have him put it on to see where it is at. I really don't care if it has one or not I just want to make sure it is running clean......IMO a stock Busa runs real good and has plenty of power for the way I ride now (I used to be a bit of a nut :laugh:)

Back