Finally! Got my 08!

cfav508

Registered
Picked up an 08 yesterday and man is it nice. bike only had 1331 miles on it but was backed into while parked and there is some damage to the left fairing. from about 5 feet back you cant really tell but something id like to get fixed. I rode it home from upstate NY to mid state PA and what a rush! I rode down rt 81.
Now on my way north the road was smooth but south OMG, every 100 meters i ran over a speed bump! The road is HORRIBLE. It buckles up and they are harsh! It wasnt so bad on my butt but my lower back started to feel it. I was trying to get out of the saddle as much as possilbe but, there were too many of them.

Then it down poured. I had to pull over to get my rain gear on and to just wait because i couldnt see, but the bike handle flawlessly!

The only thing about the bike i dont like is the Roaring toyz exhaust. It has the 421 low exit exhaust and although it looks HOT it is too loud for me while riding, If anyone has another 4-2-1 exhaust they would like to trade for an 08-09 Hit me up!

Oh and where is a good place to get a fairing?

Well it is calling for rain today but im still getting out for a bit. didnt buy it to look at it sit in my garage!

Thanks!
cya
Chris

That's a great find! Congrats!

The .oRg offers plenty of opportunities to share...to give and take; to teach and to learn.

Enjoy!

:welcome:

It sat in the guys garage at a body shop for 6 months unridden and it is FILTHY!!! I am washing it up and heading out to get EAR PLUGS then going to get some pics of it and get them on here.........................promise!

My GF and I put about 200 miles on the bike yesterday and it was awesome. I had to purchase some 33 decible ear plugs to counter the exhaust sound for us both but the ride was fun. She would prefer a back rest so I am off to Corbin to get her one.

The bike ran smooth and was easy to throw from side to side on some twisties. I took some pictures and will post them as soon as I find the damn Fire wire for my camera!

Back