Sport Rider Mag July Issue, yup I was there.

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Last year I posted up that I was assisting my friends Richard and Ryan Sims with their Busa project. Richard has been in the performance motorcycle biz for many years and has been featured in Sport Rider twice before.

Last Sept they were invited to bring the bike down to the Honda proving grounds in Mojave. There was still some fine tuning to be done along with some other set backs beyond their control so they had to postpone the test. A few months later they were invited again and finally on April 14th we were able to go. :cheerleader:

I have been wanting to put all this up but was told to wait til the mag came out... :whistle:

The bike has tons of cool stuff from a host of sponsors, like Brock's, APE, Kyle Racing ... see the mag for a complete list or see all the stickers on the photo's. I got to have a top spot on the bike. :cool:

First Day I left my house at 2 a.m. drove to Sacramento to hook up with the crew. I rode in the small back seat of of the Chevy truck for 9 hours until we got to Bazzaz Performance in Chino Calif. The bike was on the Dyno for allmost 8 hrs.

Next Day we were at the photo studios in So Cal where they take pics for all kinds of mags, SportRider, Motorcylist, Hot Rod, Motor Craft ... I got to meet Kent Kunitsugu the cheif editor he even bought all of us lunch, that was cool. :thumbsup: Only problem I had was everyone at SportRider kept calling out to or asking questions to " Kento " I kept responding ... huh ? but they were talking to Mr. Kunitsugu not me ??? :laugh:

The final day we were at the Honda secret test track in Mojave I wish I was able to take photo's there but all of our cameras were held at the security office along with our phones. :(

Kent Kunitsugu was the test rider and the day started out good but then the desert winds picked up and gave us some extreme challanges. Because of copywrite issues I cant say too much about whats in the article but I can say the bike did over 213 mph in the first warm up run without spray.

Check out the preview or go pick up a copy The bike is on the cover and I'm on page 38. :cool:

LINK : Sims Motorsports Suzuki Hayabusa Preview - Sport Rider Magazine

( * NOTE : All of these photo's are mine that I personally shot and are free to use with no copywirite infringement. If any of you guys want the full size image I can send em to ya. - Kent )

Sims 003-b.jpg

Sims 005-b.jpg

Sims 007-b.jpg

Sims 009-b.jpg

Sims 014-b.jpg

Sims 019-b.jpg

Sims 045-b.jpg

Sims 048-b.jpg

Sims 063-b.jpg

Sims 070-b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I like it!.. I would love to have an opportunity like that. I'll be waiting for my monthly SBR mag to check it out. And again, is that your bike?

Last edited:
thanks for sharing. man, that bike is dripping with all kinds of cool stuff! has the insurance been upgraded already to match the value of all mods?

Congrats, Kent!

Glad you finally got permission to release the information to the GP. :beerchug:

What an awesome event and an incredible honor.

Well done!

So is this your bike, or does the magazine own it? Nice bike can't wait to pick up the magazine.:thumbsup:

The bike is owned by Richard and Ryan, they live in Los Molinos which is about 20 miles north of my house but they have a shop they work out of in Sacramento called Suicycle. Both Rich and his son Ryan are very cool and knowledgeable and have helped me alot. If your ever in the Sacramento area stop in and tell I sent ya. SMS Motorsports

You da man Kent, you sand bagger you! I know you've been bustin' at the seams to let this all out, haven't you! I'm en route to get the mag ASAP!
AWESOME bro, awesome!! What an event to witness!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Picked up the mag today! :thumbsup:

Nice article with some good stuff. Any idea what it dynoed?

Figured they would have gone faster but the conditions weren't the greatest. I'll add it to my mag collection... :beerchug:

Ever see something that your not sure what it does but, want one any way? Your bike has a lot of those.:thumbsup:

Picked up the mag today! :thumbsup:

Nice article with some good stuff. Any idea what it dynoed?

Figured they would have gone faster but the conditions weren't the greatest. I'll add it to my mag collection... :beerchug:

I honestly dont remember and I dont see it in the article... seems like it was 240 + without spray. But Bazzaz was having trouble with the Dyno readings that day. We literally stayed into the evening hours and they found one of the conectors on the Dyno was broken.

I must say too that Amar Bazzaz was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and the same for the Dyno Tech, Ron Thibodeaux that spent all day at the Mojave track with us making all the fine tuning adjustments.

Sims 051-b.jpg

So, anyone else got the July issue yet...? I finally got mine at Barnes & Noble.

Oh and I'm the handsome devil on page 38 group shot, 2nd from the left :cool:

Last edited:
Got mine in the mail a few days ago! Once again, congrats on that! Great article and pics! Must have been an incredible experience to be part of that.
The group pic was an extra nice pic....wonder why....:whistle: Oh I figured it out...an orng/blk busa will make anyone standing next to it, let a lone a group of rough necks.....look good.....:beerchug:

Back