HID problem. Help please.

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I thought I had a bad wireing harness, the one for the low, high and turn signals, so I replaced it. Went for a ride today and within 30 minutes my low beam goes out just as it did before. I can turn the switch off and back on and the low beam comes back on. I noticed this last week on my long ride home in the dark that when the low goes out and I turn the high beam on that the high beam was very dim, My 3 d cell flashlight is brighter. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on here. I want to get this resolved before I go to Eureka Springs next month. I have had the low HID for about 4 years and the high beam HID for about 9 months.

Tim :)

John, I couldnt swap the ballast, the McCulloch is hard wired, doesnt have a plug between the ballast and the power connection. I am going back to stock bulbs and see what happens. If it works, both high and low beam with no problems I guess I will be saving my pennies for some new HIDs. Thanks for the advice.

Tim. :)

John, I couldnt swap the ballast, the McCulloch is hard wired, doesnt have a plug between the ballast and the power connection. I am going back to stock bulbs and see what happens. If it works, both high and low beam with no problems I guess I will be saving my pennies for some new HIDs. Thanks for the advice.

Tim. :)
I believe the Mcculloch is warrantied. I would check with Zenon King!

I believe the Mcculloch is warrantied. I would check with Zenon King!

I have had the low beam for about 4 years. how long should they last. the high beam only since last August. If the stock lights work ok and it is the HIDs I think I will call the folks I got the high beam from and see what we can work out, they are a board sponser.

Just looked at the site where I got the high beam, they have a 1 year warranty. Zennon King has a 2 year on the McCulloch but Ive had mine about 4 years. I am still going to try the stock bulbs and if they work OK I will call about the high beam. Hopefully they will take care of it, I think they will, they were really good to deal with. :)

Gotta get this fixed before Eureka Springs, Dont want my light going out like it did on the way home from ST Louis in the dark. :D

stock bulbs seemed to work just fine. Hopefully I can go for a ride sometime this weekend and be sure the low dont go out. high is bright. I guess the balast must be bad. :(

stock bulbs seemed to work just fine. Hopefully I can go for a ride sometime this weekend and be sure the low dont go out. high is bright. I guess the balast must be bad. :(

Hopefully you've found the problem and it's not anything deeper in the system. Assuming the weather is decent, Kevin and I are going for a short ride early Sunday if you're interested.

Hopefully you've found the problem and it's not anything deeper in the system. Assuming the weather is decent, Kevin and I are going for a short ride early Sunday if you're interested.

sounds good. text me details. Going to Columbus for state play off. Ringgold will either be #1 or 2 in baseball this year in state. Halies boyfriend plays.

Back