Help!

BusaBabe30

Registered
took bike out yesterday, wide open with the throttle, 10,000 rpms and the bike just "bogs" down seems to lose power and then drops down to 0 rpms..any ideas what might be the cause of this? really bothering me (the bike doesn't drop to neutral)

Help !
Someone pushed the org alarm button !

I seem to remember same thing discussed here a bit back by another ?
Unless you were planning on going for a ride today which I guess you were since it's teachers day off just relax cuz help is on the way .

More info needed .
It bogged went to 0 and then what ?
Came back to life and runs fine again or now runs diff ?
Does it ride fine just won't go past 10k ?

Not sure on GenI but on GenII when you hit rev limiter it will stutter and make you think somethings wrong .
It's a damage preventer basically .

Tell us more about it .

okay lets see if i can make you understand better :-) take for instance first gear-accelerates fine all the way up to 10000rpms before it hits the rev limiter it bogs down, it never gets to the red line...and then comes sudden loss of power droping down tolike 6 or 7 then i let off the throttle or shiftt..if i shift into 2nd gear it will be ok (in the beginning) however the situation repeats itself in the this gear and so on..(all gears i see this problem when reaching 10 k rpm)

PLEASE HELP!

could it be in the mode selector? try a different mode?
i have a gen1 soo:whistle:
maybe trying different fuel might help.

Could be H2O in your gas or bad gas. Try some of the cleaner as they suggest..

Sorry I'm having trouble concentrating right now cuz all I'm seeing is a 30yr old teacher who aint afraid to twist it...:laugh:

Getting that 4th grade stress out Huh ? :laugh:

i m twenty three not thirty by the way! i will try ur ideas

Ooops sorry please don't send me to the principals office :laugh:
Let me know if I can help anymore .
And as I said in PM thanks for choosing to teach .
It's difficult and 4th grade whooo doggie !

1st order of biz should have been to double the pay for all Law Enforcement and Teachers when he took office !

what do you think isthe best rpm level to take off the line when racing..buddy has a gsxr 600 suzuki and beats me all the time any ideas?

Start around 4k and work from there. Gotta get the right combo of sliping the clutch and giving it gas just right, takes practice.

ok so i tried the tekkron..no help..the bike now seems to start to "bog" down at 7 rpms (even earlier than usual) dropped it off at a bike shop last night, they were gonna test drive it and let me know what they thought...havent heard from them yet..any ideas guys?

really worried :please:

Any work been done on the bike recently? Power commander on it? Could be anything at this point, what mods were done if any????

no work recently...no power commander.... just lights and headers/exhaust are aftermarket..but those mods were done a whiiiillle ago... could it be bad spark plug? throttle position sensor? fuel filter? fuel pump? ...really confused

sounds like you may have a fuel pressure problem. If it's misfiring you should be able to hear it through the exhaust. It's really hard to diagnose problems like this without hearing it. Good Luck and let us know what you find.

I would guess a dirty fuel filter. Seems things are ok until the fuel demand is so great that fuel supply can no longer keep up. Kinda like breathing thru a straw, sitting down is fine but try to run and breath thru a straw. You start to demand more than can be supplied. Fuel cleaner will not clean up a dirty obstruction, gotta get in there and inspect and clean or replace. Find out what fuel pressure your pump is running at to check how its doing.

Check electrical connections at battery, starter, killswitch. Certain rpm can cause intermittent problems. I know you said it happens at 10k, but I would still look at electrical connections.

Keep us posted. Remember these engines are bulletproof and are not finicky the solution will be found.

thanks guys i will try and get to the problem..sometimes these motorcycle shops pull ur chain for some little extra cash...i dont know..still havent heard from them yet..and its bothering me ..i paid them 60 bucks just for them to test drive it and give me an idea whats wrong and i still got nothing back from them..i dropped the bike off yesterday at 6 in the evening.

dont wait around for them to call you back. they always seem to forget to call back. you gotta be on their :moon: abt it. hope you get it all figured out

hey bro!

I am with MEGAWATT a lot of people think that they can put a cleaner in their gas tank but is so wrong when you do that you'll ruin the injectors in your bike high octane gas have a cleaning mixture added to the gas that way we don't have to have those problems of a clog injector or poor gas flow good luck let us know what happen.

hey throw some big words at your mechanic 60 bucks is a lot of money if they are not going to fix the problem.

good luck.

Back