Selling stock exhaust?

Speed King

Banned
I was wondering what you guys do with your stock exhaust after you get aftermarket?

What do those big bazookas go for on ebay?

If you're lucky, 30-50 for the pair. I sat on a set for almost two years, and only sold the cans. I scrapped two or three sets of headers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine are sitting on the garage floor. Most guys here give them away one part at a time to help guys who have had wrecks get their Busa's back up and running. I see people think they can get $500-$600 for them on ebay, maybe $50 or $60. People are taking stockers off, not putting them on, unless they are fixing it from a drop.

Yea, mine have been sitting in the garage for about two years also:laugh:

I would give them away if I knew anybody that wanted them.

SAVE THEM! When you sell your bike, you're likely to make more money parting it out and reinstalling the original pipes. That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it! :)

Then again, I may be too lazy when it comes time to trade up to the 2012-2013 Hayabusa 1500R (dreaming.) :p

SAVE THEM! When you sell your bike, you're likely to make more money parting it out and reinstalling the original pipes. That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it! :)

Then again, I may be too lazy when it comes time to trade up to the 2012-2013 Hayabusa 1500R (dreaming.) :p

2013 Busa will be an 800R squeezing out 230HP with full electronic options eg; launch/traction/abs/elec suspension. Push a button & it will take itself for a ride and tell you all about it when it gets back !! :rofl:

Perception is reality and if you present yours in a different light than others do you can sell them .
Rather than taking a pic of them on the floor of my garage I detailed them wrapped em in bubble wrap and put them in a box .
I took numerous pics of them from all angles and placed em on Ebay .
Sold in less than two days for $275 and paid for my PC V .
Wasn't so lucky with the header it stayed for a few months there I got tired and threw it away.

Those things sell daily on Ebay and if yours stand out and 'appear' better than the others they will sell .

Guy who bought mine had put an Akro pipe on his and went to register it in NY. Because the Akro pipe did not say DOT approved on it he could not get reg . It aggravated him and he went back to stock . He said his bike was new and he wanted the cleanest looking set he could find and again where all others were just dusty pipes on a garage floor and mine were perfect with many pics he bought mine . Those are his words and his story . Reason he had to get pipes from me is cuz he like others thought them worthless and threw originals away . Again his words and story .
EBay is free and it cant hurt but if you want to give them to Sannsouke that freakn knuck with our Oly Hockey Gold medal I won't hold it agin ya ! :laugh:

Sannosouke u know I love you
1357 days left till you have to give it back :moon:

GreenBean for six yrs as salesman and four as Mgr those words were on our showroom wall .
'Perception is Reality'
Our cars were no diff nor the numbers but the reason we consistantly kicked everyone else azz in sales and gross was because we made the customer believe they were diff.
The way you present yourself and your product will make others buy from you instead .

2013 Busa will be an 800R squeezing out 230HP with full electronic options eg; launch/traction/abs/elec suspension. Push a button & it will take itself for a ride and tell you all about it when it gets back !! :rofl:

You are not far off with this.... I think many will follow in BMW foot steps on the elec. suspension :whistle:

Yeah sorry, didn't mean to hijack,
I've got two sets hanging off the rafters in the garage ... what to do ummm !
What seems pretty crazy to me is > if somebody has a bingle and is insured the insurance company will purchase a brand new one from Suzuki for some ridiculous price like guesstimate maybe $980 (it would be something crazy) for one can, what a gross waste of dollars, but I spose it is all red tape.

Back