Are these sprockets and chain ok?

Phrogg

Registered
"Front Sprocket" http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ckets-JT-530-Front-Countershaft-Sprocket.aspx

"Rear Sprocket" http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ear-Drive-Sprockets-JT-530-Rear-Sprocket.aspx

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 530-112 O-Ring Drive Chain: eBay Motors (item 200409789546 end time May-22-10 12:27:48 PDT) "chain"

I've been looking at these for replacements. I wanna go two down in the rear so it lowers my rpms at highway speed, since that is all I ever really do. I just wanted to see what you guys think, and if there is any advice that needs/should be given to me. I used to ride a buell, so I know nothing about chains, size of sprockets needed, and etc,

Thanks!

Last edited:
IMO Probably.
You can get a EK ZVX2 for just a few bucks more esp. from sponsors here.
I would not chance it myself.
Go with the best for tires, brakes and chain/sprockets. IMO
Your body will thank you. (and your loved ones)

I would love to go with something a little better, but i'm a poor college student who cannot part with his bike. :sigh:If there is a sponsor who could give me a deal with everything close to $150. I would have no problem! Always happy to support people! Specially to those who enjoy this site. Unfortunately, like some of the other college students out there, you know how I feel... :lookaround:

i cant see what you posted but i got my ek zzz chain off ebay for like 160 bucks and its like 150 link , got it when i streched the busa !

they are great chains

just buy a name brand i would not buy a off brand chain for the life of me its an integrle peace on the bike

dont skimp on a chain

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RK is a good chain , just make sure its a heavy duty 530 chain you should be able to ask if its for a 1000cc bike and up !

the sprockets i am sure would be fine

the chain no i would look for something better !

Last edited:
IMO Probably.
You can get a EK ZVX2 for just a few bucks more esp. from sponsors here.
I would not chance it myself.
Go with the best for tires, brakes and chain/sprockets. IMO
Your body will thank you. (and your loved ones)

I snaped a zvx2 with less than 100mls on it doing a hole shot, ( NOT AT THE MASTER LINK) GET A ZZZ!

By dropping two teeth in the rear you may very well decrease your mileage by forcing the engine to work harder to pull the load at highway speeds.

I increased my rear sprocket by two teeth and actually increased my mileage slightly compared to same trip with a friend on same stock bike with stock gearing. I consistently took 2/10 of a gallon less fuel on each fill up.

Last edited:
I was told that by decreasing the teeth in the back I will reduce the rpms. Which should increase my mileage. Please correct me if i'm wrong. lol

If you honestly plan to use that junk right there park your bike cause you won't be able to pay to fix all the damage it's gonna cause when it all comes apart...trust me not a corner to cut...save and buy good stuff you will be happy you did..take it from someone who has repaired enough of these type issues..

"front sprocket" JT 530 Front Countershaft Sprocket - Street Parts Department - Motorcycle Superstore

"rear sprocket" JT 530 Rear Sprocket - Street Parts Department - Motorcycle Superstore

suzuki gsx1300r hayabusa 530-112 o-ring drive chain: Ebay motors (item 200409789546 end time may-22-10 12:27:48 pdt) "chain"

i've been looking at these for replacements. I wanna go two down in the rear so it lowers my rpms at highway speed, since that is all i ever really do. I just wanted to see what you guys think, and if there is any advice that needs/should be given to me. I used to ride a buell, so i know nothing about chains, size of sprockets needed, and etc,

thanks!

By dropping two teeth in the rear you may very well decrease your mileage by forcing the engine to work harder to pull the load at highway speeds.

I increased my rear sprocket by two teeth and actually increased my mileage slightly compared to same trip with a friend on same stock bike with stock gearing. I consistently took 2/10 of a gallon less fuel on each fill up.

2/10 of a gallon can be anything. can't really use that as a comparison.

Back