Slipped in some diesel today

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
So, one of the very few times I commute to work on the bike, not all my gear on, (work pants and shoes) I come around a corner at about 67 mph, nice and easy. Then the Busa starts drifting, over the yellow line. the tail a bit sideways, a little wobble at the rear as I straighten and I'm through the corner. Twist the throttle a little and the rear wheel starts fish tailing again. Diesel on the road.

Actually that was fun, or was I just lucky?:laugh:

Amazing how stable this bike is.

So, one of the very few times I commute to work on the bike, not all my gear on, (work pants and shoes) I come around a corner at about 67 mph, nice and easy. Then the Busa starts drifting, over the yellow line. the tail a bit sideways, a little wobble at the rear as I straighten and I'm through the corner. Twist the throttle a little and the rear wheel starts fish tailing again. Diesel on the road.

Actually that was fun, or was I just lucky?:laugh:

Amazing how stable this bike is.

Wow. I think about that sort of problem. Glad it turned out ok!

I'm a new rider to street so, what's the after action/technique report here? Just steady throttle and ride the drift out? The front end stayed true?

For dirt bikes, have experience here, the last thing you do is get off the gas.

Thanks!

Glad you kept her upright Willem :thumbsup:

Diesel not as prevelant here in the US as say...... thought you'd be more used to it :whistle:

:laugh:

Had this problem 2 weeks ago although not at the speeds you were at. Came into an off ramp with a light. Came to a slow stop. Put my foot down and it almost slid out from under me. Light turned green proceeded as slow as I could but the back tire kept braking loose while turning off the ramp. Thought I was going down.

Hey be carful busa's like a horse not good to by laying down: rofl: keep it upright we need to ride some more :thumbsup:

You FAILED!!! :rulez: You had a perfectly good chance to show some team spirit with the Harley guys and "lay her down".:rofl::rofl::rofl: You didn't show the Harley guys any respect.:laugh: Next time lay her down with style.:thumbsup:

I had one when i was coming home from work right on 15-501 in front of Wal-Mart. I went to stop pretty quick because the light turned yellow. front and rear lock up and sliding into the middle of the intersection... Didnt notice till the back was getting fishy and no stopping. Then when I did stop I saw some smoke come up from tires.

I love a happy ending.

Whew.

Me too...you guys gotta put "but I'm ok" in the title !
Blancas BP is high enough already !

Transmission fluid is what is all over here. Between the heat and all the POS cars there is some at every stoplight right in middle of lane.

Back