BIG TIME TB Sync Problem, PLEASE help!

MikeSomething

Registered
Adjusted the screws on the TB, bike's not firing up.
Adjusted them all the way one way = nothing, middle = nothing, other way = nothing... Been doing trial and error all morning...
Anyone know how to get the TB synced enough so the bike will start up? Thanks!

Try and open the throttle about 1/3 - 1/2 way while cranking.
(Sort of trying to increase the fast idle - choke)
That may compensate for any differences between the bodies.

Any chance something else is wrong, like a vacuum hose is not connected somewhere? Or a sensor? Retrace your steps... Does it starts, coughs and dies, or nothing at all?

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of how you are set up right now? Also, when you say nothing... what specifically is not happening?

Any chance something else is wrong, like a vacuum hose is not connected somewhere? Or a sensor?

+ 1,000

The IAT (Intake Air Temp) and IAP (Intake Air Pressure) sensors should be connected when syncing TBs.

+ 1,000

The IAT (Intake Air Temp) and IAP (Intake Air Pressure) sensors should be connected when syncing TBs.

Ya beat me to it. Remove the little green thingy (IAT?) from the air box and reconnect it and you should be good to go. Just let it hang off the side of the bike while you do your synch..

--Wag--

All sensors are hooked up.
Vacuum lines are routed exactly like in both writeups.
Got the bike started (screws were completely outta wack)

Now it runs like dog crap, back firing and surging idle...
Having an extremely difficult time tryin to sync it.

You can't synch it with a surging idle.

As much of a PITA as it's going to be, I strongly suggest you put it all back together, airbox included and get it idling properly first.

Then, when you pull it back apart, you should be able to back out the idle speed before you restart it and have it fire up for you.

Frustrating, I know, but once you get it, much better results for you than taking it to the shop.

--Wag--

Back