2nd zzr 2.94
3rd BMW 3.09
4th RSV4 3.21

1/4 mile
1st Busa 10.14
2nd zzr 10.17
3rd BMW 10.51
4th RSV4 10.78

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0-150
1st BMW 10.59
2nd Busa 11.06
3rd zzr 11.53
4th RSV 13.08

Vmax
1st BMW 187.47
2nd zzr 184.12
3rd Busa 183.43
4th RSV4 175.89

40-120 4th gear roll on
1st BMW 7.59
2nd Busa 7.93
3rd zzr 8.09
4th rsv4 9.03

40-120 6th gear roll on
1st BMW 10.62
2nd busa 11.06
3rd zzr 12.39
4th rsv4 12.61

70-0 braking
1st BMW 49.67 m
2nd rsv4 50.20 m
3rd busa 50.85 m
4th zzr 52.05 m

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they pay this guy for this job :poke: Cause i will do it for free :rofl:

:bowdown::bowdown: BMW kicking butt an taking names:beerchug: :laugh:

I am very surprised, by the hp, torque and weight I would think the BMW would have us on take off and 1/4. I think its the weight that killed us on the roll ons. I wonder what takes the BMW so long to get going???

I wonder what takes the BMW so long to get going???

wheelies would be my guess

I thought it looked a little off too.

On the other hand the Aprilla must be one sweet handling bike to be so far off acceleration/top speed wise to still pull such good reviews.

I think all of these are great bikes, but the one thing that bugs me about the beemer, is that it took sooooo long for BMW to make a practical, fast, sporty bike, and all they did was copy what japanese makers have been doing for years! If the BMW was more innovative or had some of that cool BMW tech, id be more impressed. But the fact of the matter is, is a german made jap bike, whoopty-do! Great bike non the less, but come on, not THAT great. :laugh::moon:

In the quarter:thumbsup:, Ok here is what bugs me You cannot have a new king of speed when all of them top out at the same MPH, IDK I kinda question these peoples ability after watching the vid then look at the numbers.

I I wonder what takes the BMW so long to get going???

lack of low end on the BMW. I remember a dyno sheet posted in a thread, 09 gsxr1k or busa(cant remember which) had more HP/TQ until 9000rpm then the BMW had more HP/TQ then the gixxer.

lack of low end on the BMW. I remember a dyno sheet posted in a thread, 09 gsxr1k or busa(cant remember which) had more HP/TQ until 9000rpm then the BMW had more HP/TQ then the gixxer.

Gotta love the low end :bowdown: :bowdown:

Busa like nothing else, pull a stump outa the ground :laugh:

Who would roll ons on a busa at 40 in 4th or 6th gear? Looks to me like that was the only way to make the BMW win...Just a thought...

The one thing they forget to tell you, is that the Busa has a much lower heart beat, means it is a lot fitter and will live happily to a much riper age. If it starts drinking too much alcohol (nitrous) or it starts sniffing stuff (turbo) it will live to the same age as the other three, yet be the fastest by a long shot.

that just depressed me!!!!!!!! a 1000cc bike beating a 1300cc bike!!!!!! japan if your watching more speed please!!!!

also ifhttp://rbracing-rsr.com/gpsspeedometer.htm anyone is interested i just purchased a gps speedo when it comes in ill post it just want accurate numbers.

lol who races from 40 in 6th gear. so much for a real world test. looks like bmw paid someone else again to make their bike look good. :spank:

Love the new BMW, but this looks like a paid BMW advertisement to me... Just saying.... 4th and 6th gear roll ons? ??? Rating their tops speeds off of what they're governed at? ??? Pleeeeeasseee.....

MCN seems to do this a lot. The governed speed is not relevant for "top speed" runs. I also think they should approach roll ons with the best starting gear for each bike.

Gearing is so important, it dominates everything else. What if you go down one or two teeth on the front sprocket of the busa? You will still have the same governed top speed, but much better acceleration runs. In fact that would be a simple quick fix for the Busa and allow it to dominate the acceleration runs better. Well, that and an honest 200hp to the rear wheel!!!!! for 2012?

Last edited:
Back