cheap place to get a battery?

TommyGunn1300

Registered
i need a battery for the bike. i quess the winter killed it. i'm not looking to spend $80 on a battery. does anyone know the size off hand so i can just swing by autozone on my lunch and pick one up? i mean, they are all the same right? as long as it fits

I have 4 bikes, and I have been burned by the last 2 Yuasas that I bought. What burned even more is that my cheap-ass VFR750 project bike with it's cheap-ass Walmart battery has not given me a moments hassle. With this in mind I went and picked up the 14 (or 12?) series battery from Walmart to replace the Yuasa in the Busa. It's a little taller so I had to remove the foam space pad from the bottom of the seat and use the side mount holes on the battery, but it fits just fine and hasn't given me any hassles so far. The current sealed Walmart batteries also use AGM (absorbed glass mat) technology BTW.

Plus, of course, they are way cheaper than $80 !!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just bought a gel battery here local for 52 including tax. Order the one from Pashnit, I think they are around 65.

I went the Walmart way. I could feel a difference in my gel seat however had I shaved off the plastic, it would not be noticeable. Battery worked fine.

Minor point: Those are not gel, they are AGM.

AGM is great for a motorcycle: no acid misting, vibration resistant and low self-discharge. AGM's have sulphuric acid also but it's entirely absorbed in the mat.

I also bought an AGM from Walmart and it has been fine.

I bought one from Pashnit. Had a decent price. Yes I could get it cheaper at the local Walmart. Think of how many dollars Walmart sinks into Hayabusa.org to maintain the site. OK that took zero seconds. Thanks Tim and everyone who sponsor this site and thank you customers of those sponsors. Without this money there might not be a hayabusa.org. Not yelling at you I'm just saying:beerchug:

I went with batteries plus and had a warranty. I had a busa that had so much electronics on it that no matter what motorcycle standard battery you had it will kill it in a year. The batteries plus died the next spring, my error....unplugged battery tender.....I went to batteries plus and they looked me up on their computer and seen that I bought the battery from them...they gave it to me for free.....so I stay with batteries plus because of this. Their batteries fit perfect and no modification to seat is needed. I recommend this direction.

batteries plus 75 plus 1 year free replacement warranty

Back