Show Us Your Chicken Strips

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all you commuters and LDRs...

SHOW US THOSE BIG PHAT STRIPS OF CHICKEN!

Let's see how square you can make a tire, and tell us tales about which brand/model you run and how many miles you get out of 'em!

Post pix of your tires so we can see how uniform the wear is around the outside...

Anyone from Iron Butt or with extensive commutes got any amazing tales?

Shout 'em out!

I'd post pix of mine, but, well...I don't have any. :(

:rofl:

C'mon; let's see 'em!

chicken strips.jpg

:moon:

I am not sharing but once left a tire that I didn't need a kickstand to keep the bike upright :whistle: :laugh:

Well, while I'm waiting for some of you guys to run out and get pix of your tires, I'll entertain the rest of us with this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken Strips? We don't have those in SoCal. :laugh:
I need photos of these to know what they look like. Post 'em up peeps.
Bubba

I'll have to get some pics tomorrow. A bit dark outside and after seeing the creature in nightflights thread, I am not going outside right now:laugh::laugh:

I'll have to get some pics tomorrow. A bit dark outside and after seeing the creature in nightflights thread, I am not going outside right now:laugh::laugh:

Cool! I really am interested to know what people are using for their long-distance, predominantly highway use...and how far they get on 'em.

:beerchug:

i have a couple tire pics...how the tire ends up depends on where i've been riding :laugh:

IMG_3418 (Large).jpg

IMG_4998 (Large).jpg

:moon:

I am not sharing but once left a tire that I didn't need a kickstand to keep the bike upright :whistle: :laugh:

Yeah, i know what you mean, Mine were so flat - when I stopped at red lights, I never had to put my feet down.:laugh:

Yeah, i know what you mean, Mine were so flat - when I stopped at red lights, I never had to put my feet down.:laugh:

Of course, that helps keep those new boots all nice 'n' shiney. :whistle:

i believe the rear is a Pirelli Diablo Strada which had about 8500 miles on it (should have changed it a little earlier lol)...the front is a Pirelli Diablo Corsa III with close to 10,000 on it that would have had a few more in it if i hadn't shredded it on the Skyway

i generally get about 8000 on a Strada rear, 3000 on a Corsa III rear, and 10-11,000 on a Corsa III front

here is a pic of a Strada with 2700 miles on it

strada2700m. (Large).jpg

My tires get dipped in Honey Mustard...Rubber lickin good~!~

I get quite a few more miles out of my 2ct's on the street now that I switch different wheels and tires around for the occasion. I burn off the ol axes on the tracks now, or 55 series race tires and leave the good mileage to the 2ct's~!~

Actually got about 4000 miles out of them taking my adrenaline out on the other sets

I believe I've swapped the sets out 4 times in the last 2 weeks... :laugh: but the 2ct's go right back on after the weekend is over~!~

Last edited:
Back