What tools do carry when touring ?

Counter

Registered
What tools do you carry when touring ?

What tools do people carry when touring ?
(Aside from manufacturers underseat kit)

Can of WD40 & Chain lube obviously!

Thinking of things like commonly sized spanners, torx bits, etc ?

Currently planning a fairly major road trip round Europe this summer, potentially 3k miles, as there will only be me and the missus this time round I would like to be prepared!

I can't see a previous thread on this, if I am mistaken please correct me.

Last edited:
Duct tape, zip ties, epoxy glue, red cones, flash light, metal plate for a side stand, spare gloves, spare faceshield, first aid kit, a bottle of water, paper towel, a knife, a piece of paper which has "HELP" written in big letters, spare set of keys, extra bulb for a headlight.

KY jelly and CONcentrated DOMination. :rofl: You never know when you need one quickly if you are riding two up in the middle of nowhere if you know what I mean.

You should order one of these kits from Tim at Pashnit
All fits into a nice case as you see and has Co2 cannisters for fill up.
A lot of water as much as you can carry as well as some granola bars .

tire%20kit.jpg

Custom made leather tool pouch and important paper folder.

2731774210102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2440700850102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2552322860102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2846487390102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2089487550102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2455967030102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

Wrenches, zip ties, cruz tools t-handle socket set, electrical tape allen keys etc. etc.

cheers
ken

Custom made leather tool pouch and important paper folder.

2731774210102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

Wrenches, zip ties, cruz tools t-handle socket set, electrical tape allen keys etc. etc.

cheers
ken

Looks like a well thought out kit. Are there any particular sized sockets, wrenches particular to the busa or have you just covered your bases?

Thanks

Antiseptic spray on, haven't had to use it yet but figure it is good start to treat road roash or other bruises. Don't really have room to start going crazy on a first aid kit type set up, this is my middleground.

200.jpg

Besides the obvious tools, i carry a small Vice Grips. This tool has saved my ride on many an occasion.

A good storage space in a leather pouch is under the gas tank near the front of the seat. I keep a small bottle of green tire slime, co2 and tire plug kit, various small tools etc.. I also took a small compressor from HF or walmart. took off the plastic housing and mounted it on the left side of the tail section subframe. Got a long auto motive hose with an air filler end fititng on it and coiled the hose under the driver seat ontop the battery. IF my co2 fails I still have old fashion air to fill tires if I have to green slime them. Mini flash light of some sort as well. Hate when I cant see. I would also consider getting a rear stand that looks like a small "stick" that lifts from the swing arm. I forget what you call it but its basically a portable rear stand stick to lift the wheel enuff to work on it.

JD

Looks like a well thought out kit. Are there any particular sized sockets, wrenches particular to the busa or have you just covered your bases?

Thanks

I duplicated the stock kit and as I worked on the bike I added whatever I need that was not included in the stock kit.

cheers
ken

Like the guy above -- a Poland P-64 Makarov 9mm and some Windex and clean cloth to wipe off the bugs at the rest stops...

Back