Failed motorcycle test

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
So I go to the DMV today, to get my AR licence changed to NC, in the test I miss one for the car, no problem, miss six for the motorcycle means fail.:banghead::banghead:

Major ego bruise here.:sadlike::sadlike:

Don't agree with their questions/answers, but tomorrow I shall pass.

Check this out, don't google or research, just answer from your gut. After a few responses, I will give you the NC version.

1.) If your rear tire goes flat while riding, it is best to:

a. Grip tight on the handlebars and drive to a repair shop.
b. Use both brakes gently and steer to the side of the road.
c. Use the rear break and steer to the side of the road.
e. Use the front break and steer to the side of the road.

2.) When riding in a group, inexperienced riders should position themselves;

a. Just behind the leader.
b. In front of the group.
c. At the tail end of the group.
d. Beside the leader.

3.) When the road is wet and slippery you approach a turn, avoid riding;

a. In the center of the lane.
b. In the left car tire track.
c. In the right car tire track.
d. Where gravel is lying in the lane.

4.) If you experience a front wheel wobble;

a. Accelerate out of the wobble.
b. Use the brakes gradually.
c. Grip the handlebars firmly and close the throttle gradually.
d. Downshift.

Don't laugh OK, cause I'm pissed.:rant:
I learned riding far away from the US, maybe therein lies the problem? ???

I did the same thing moving from PA to VA. I learned to read through the book once before taking the written test. No problems moving to WV or MO. The same questions have different answers depending on which State you are in.

Last edited:
Last time I took the written (quite a few years ago), they had 3 questions on the test that had no mention in the book. I went back and looked after I got home, and they were not there.

e.a.a.c. do i win a prize or are the biker police gonna revoke my endorsement?

1.e
2.c
3.a
4.a
But I live in Idaho, we can still ride without helmets. For #1 the book in idaho says use the break for the tire that isn't flat.

Last edited:
OK, here are the NC book answers.

1 = e = use the front brake.
The last time I got a flat many years ago on the rear at 90mph and I had the time of my life saving it, but I did not go down. Every time I tried doing anything other than touch the rear brake, the rear wheel tried to overtake me. Think touching the front brake as they suggest, I would have gone down.

2 = a just behind the leader.

We prefer them in the back, just in front of the sweep rider, so they stay out of trouble, ride within their ability and do not pose a safety risk to the other riders. Don't agree with NC, wont put them next to the lead rider, especially o'l Macon when the knee starts dragging.

3 = b left car tire track

I thought rubber on the road mixed with water is where you slide the most, so I would stay away from the left car tire track?

4 = c

Rather than grip the bars tight and closing the throttle gradually, that is the one time I will try a wheely.

Wow, that's just wrong. on # 4 I'd be right there with you wheeling my way to happiness. You cannot strongarm a wobble.

yea, the NC test is retarded. If you have any riding experience youll prolly fail... thats why i aced it with no riding experience :thumbsup:

Back