Semper Fi on a Harley? OMG!

semperfi

Registered
Well, a year ago I would have said you were crazy to suggest I would ever own a Harley. Just never say never guys. As some of you know I lost the love of my life and wife of 36 years to cancer. It will be a year next Tuesday and I miss her something awfull. I found a great local "support Group" the Southern IL chapter of The Leathernecks Motorcycle Club. I still have the 08 Busa, and will likely get more into drag racing this season when I get an air shifter installed on it. My good friend Ludicrus Speed is going to help with that. Back to the Leathernecks though. We are all about helping veterans, and anyone else we can help here locally. I have had two Goldwings, but decided to go with a Harley this time just to see what all that brand loyalty is about. I don't have any tattoos or a chain on my wallet yet, but iI am slowly beginning to appreciate the big bike for what it is, slow but good looking. (like me) Ha. We are going to our national convention near Parris Island SC on June 9th through the 14th. By then I will know all about long distance touring on the HOG. I wanted to see some of you again at Eureks Springs, but we are doing a security detail at the Cape Girardeau, MO air show that week end. Maybe I can make to the next event sometime this Summer.

Springfield 022710.jpg

003.jpg

Nice looking ride ! I would also like one next to the busa. Looking at Road glide & Road king classic. Enjoy the new bike.

you're showing your age riding those bikes. :laugh: no shame in a little support when you need it most and congrats. :bowdown:

My condolences for the loss of your beautiful wife. A former coworker rolled up to the job about a week and a half ago with that same model Harley, his is more of a grey color. He let me sit on it and blast the stereo and of course start her up! Congratulations it looks great; stay safe!!:beerchug:

Wish I had the $$$ I'd have one !!

So sorry to hear about your wife, nothing harder than losing a loved one.

Very nice, wish we was going to see you at Eureka.

There's nothing wrong with riding your ride, even if it means riding ALL your different rides and styles.
Just be sure what ever you ride, do it safe and have fun!:thumbsup:
Bubba

Sounds like you're getting into some pretty good stuff there. The bike doesn't really matter as long as you enjoy the ride! That's a nice one by the way. :beerchug:

Cool Ride! I too am guilty of owning one. I rarely ride it but it has a warm spot in my heart. I've owned harleys all my life and probably will til I die. It feels so strange to throw a leg over that thing after spending so much time on a sportbike. Feels like an elephant under my ass! But once it's fired up, she sounds so sweet.

By the way, I have a like new set of Screaming Eagle pipes that woud make your new ride sound sweet in my garage. PM me if you'd be interested in storing them in your garage for a spell. :beerchug:

Back