Should I get a PC or ECU for my '99?

84Ninja

Registered
Hey guys- Would having a Power commander or ECU significantly improve the performance of my copper? Could it cause me problems anytime (if the answer is yes?). Thanks

Well then there really isnt much need for either. you may gain a smidgen with either, but in my OPINION, the gain really isnt worth the moolah. That money could be better spent on another mod.

If your going to keep the stock cans on your bike I agree, put the $$$$ somewhere else like a seat, heli bars, steel brake lines or pegs for comfort. Neither a PC or an ECU will help a stock bike anywhere except on a graph off a dyno. You'll NEVER feel the difference. With cans, you can reprogram for smoother acceleration and fuel econ. :beerchug:

If its a 99 which you have , Save your money! I had 3 99's One having a Akrapovic Titanium exhaust and a PC .
For the cost of those items and the tune . Im happy with the all stock 99 I'm riding now .
And I see no difference playing with the boys I know.
99's Rule !

a 99 copper unaltered! I wouldn't change a thing but keep it nice n clean. :bowdown:

Oh ! Your making me feel bad . I never had a Copper and wamt one so bad . Although a friend had bought one new when they were first released .
Do the Black and Charcoal get a thumbs up too :whistle:
Which is the faster color :laugh:

Back