switched from geico to state farm...

teddypenn

Registered
so after reading blanca busas thread of how he saved a ton of money , i finaly got off my azz and checked it out today. i went from 130 a month to 82 a month. thanx for the heads up blanca :bowdown:

teddy, after reading the same post you were refering to I headed down to check State Farm out myself and I have mixed feelings.

Comparing the same coverage I had:
Busa went from$1300/year with Geico to $260/6 months with SF :cheerleader:
Honda Shadow 1100 went from $450/year with Progressive to $605/ 6 months with SF :wtf:

Needless to say, I think the busa will be getting new papers but the honda is staying right where it is at.

I've been with State Farm for almost 25 years and they have always come thru with great insurance premiums for everything I have owned! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey,
Call your insurance agent back and tell them you heard it on the ORG and see if they will give Blanca a bird dog fee...

Hey,
Call your insurance agent back and tell them you heard it on the ORG and see if they will give Blanca a bird dog fee...

Cap....:bowdown:

Thats a goodun !

:rofl:

'bird dog' fee. Havent heard that it a while..

Reminds me of folks who used to call and say I'm sending over Mr so and so to buy a Lincoln put me down for a nickel !
I had one bird dog who made a living just from chasing Century Villagers out of the bushes for us .
He was good for at least 10 a month !

Hey,

I'm just thinking the org needs to find a SF agent who can write policies in all states who wants to be a sponsor...???
That would be nice. To have a link for SF ins here...?

i went over the paper work over the weekend and found out that i could save an extra 20 bucks if i dropped the uninsured motorists on there. just not sure if i wanna go that route or not.

i went over the paper work over the weekend and found out that i could save an extra 20 bucks if i dropped the uninsured motorists on there. just not sure if i wanna go that route or not.

Dont drop it! Its worth every penny... I had to use this from my bike crash in 2007...

A lot of people don't know but even if the other person that caused the wreck has insurance you can still claim on your uninsured and it will cover not only medical but pain and suffering too..... Most people don't have very much insurance on cars or enough to cover long lasting issues... trust me when i say its worth it..

I called SF after reading Blancas post and they will save me $450 a year. I'm gunna make the change next month.

yeah, i think ill keep the ui ins. you never know what you'll need, and saving a few bucks now could realy hurt later. kinda like buying cheap mods/parts and regretting it when the fit isnt right.:beerchug:

Geesh Caps right I could retire a fat ole rich bird dog :rofl:

OK everybody that changed and saved money please send me fifty bucks !

Guess I should have started a thread
"If I can save you great money on INS would you pay me fifty bucks"
:laugh:
By all Accts I think I would have a couple thousand by now !
:rofl:

I switched to State Farm a couple of years ago, and saved a lot. The very next renewal, the Farm hit me with a 24% increase. No claims, no accidents, no tickets. Just a classic bait and swictch. So i switched again. to Progressive.

To all you guys who are happy you swiched to the Farm: I hope you are just as happy when renewal time comes!!!

CW

Just a quick note about State Farm... First off, I've been with them for a long time, not just switching. I got a quote today for a 2009 Busa. Since my 2008 Busa was totaled less than a month ago, I expected that my rates would go through the roof. Not the case! The monthly rate on my 2008 was $54.17, and the rate for a new 2009 would be $57.84.

I think that calls for a :cheerleader:

Just a quick note about State Farm... First off, I've been with them for a long time, not just switching. I got a quote today for a 2009 Busa. Since my 2008 Busa was totaled less than a month ago, I expected that my rates would go through the roof. Not the case! The monthly rate on my 2008 was $54.17, and the rate for a new 2009 would be $57.84.

I think that calls for a :cheerleader:

And one of these as well :beerchug:

Back