which fuel management

tin

Registered
Which fuel management is better for say exhaust mod, juice box or power commander?:banghead:

you don't own a computer? :poke: either box it's kind of a set & forget type of deal. Turns some screws vs click your mouse then your done.

Ok ,this is my first time adding some thing like that to my bike , that is why I am asking so I can buy the best product without screwing the ecu or the bike ,isn't why there is this part of the forum to help other riders?:thumbsup:

Yes, we're all here to help one another. :beerchug: The power commander is a better choice. Both boxes manipulate a signal to the ecu so that it increase/decreases fuel injection. The juice box makes more broad sweeping changes while the power commander makes more precise changes. The power commander is a better choice out of the two mentioned. Having to use a computer to make adjustments to a piggyback box is an additional advantage.

OK, I guess that is what I will get, any places that has the better price or a used one?

alot of places online may have a sale price on them. Used one's could be hariy unless you trust the person selling it. Either they work right or they don't. I don't tend to buy used electronics.

I have one that was getting hairy, causing my bike to lug and hesitate when very slow acceleration was applied around 4,000 rpm. Only happened with slow acceleration like going up hills or passing someone. However, if you wanted to go balls to walls it is amazing the difference in power. Most of my riding is just cruising so I took it off if your interested I could let you have it for $100. It was mapped for the Muzzy full exhaust and aftermarket air filter. I tried uploading a new map still did the samething. PM if interested.

I actualy have both the PC and the PC timing module on my 05 Busa and Just Reflashed the ECU on my B King. Now they both require a computer but I like the reflashing better. There is nothing else to add and if you follow the directions easy to go back to tstock or make changes (oh and Boosty By Smiths kit is a very simple install

Thanks ,but just like COMMUTA-BUSA said it maight cause more problems that I want ,so I am going new.

All info above is good, but check out boostbysmith.com the ECU Editor does more and costs less. It's also something that does everything, so you can grow into it:thumbsup:

Can you ecu tune the bike if it has a full exhaust on it?

I'de like to know. My friend has an 08 with a full R77, the dealer installed it. They told him they tuned it for him. Yet he has no PC or anything like it. When I asked later what they used to tune the factory ECU, they couldn't give me a straight answer. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just don't know, and if so, is there dealer only tuning software/diagnostics?

the dealers can use the primitive yoshi tunner to do some trimming. The ecu editor is the only thing that can truly manipulate the ecu maps for tps, iap, and ignition.

Back