ever lift the busa by the handle-bars?

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys do any of you ever lift the bike using the handle bars or at least put a strap as a back up ? How about on the rear grab-bar? I figured I would place the strap on the handle bars and use a come-a-long to lift it or as a back up.. Whats happening is , I am getting ready to take the tires off and want a back up in case of a fall. All I have for the front is a T-rex stand that slips under the forks. Thank you all knowing Ones :bowdown:

IMG_0334.jpg

3/8th rod on jack stands through center swingarm piviot rock solid!!

I use a tow strap and wrap around the neck of the frame, infront of the tank behind the handlebars, and I use the grab bar to lift the rear.

I would NEVER lift it, or tie it down for that matter by the bars.
Build yourself one of these (d ring welded to redi rod), and lift it by the steering head.
That piece is made to take the weight.
Take a close look at the pice the bars are mounted to and how thin the metal is (marked in red)
Not meant to be lifted there IMO.

Hoist Tool.JPG

Triple.jpg

Thanks for the help !!! I got a 1/2 eye bolt set up to go thru the steering head, like Mike showed in the picture... Appreciated

I lifted mine by strapping the grips when I swapped tires the first time but I put a spanner (spreader) in the strap to keep the strap from contacting the windshield, no problem, but I did not like it The Bus is HEAVY and it pulled at the grips. Don't like seeing my baby @ risk. I bought a front stand (pit bulll) so I dont have to do that again. The bike did not suffer however.

Back