cop shoots rider in back

Holy smokes I cant believe what I just saw as you say.
Talk about adrenalin overload clouding proper thought !
First thing is this is prime reason no matter what stop...just stop cuz no penalty is worse than that .
Take off and you open yourself up to what happened and what seems to be a terrible terrible "mistake" maybe ?
I dont know and I wasnt there but he eventually stopped and put his hand on thigh as we all do when we stop but cop not wanting to risk himself shot him .
Hopefully some LEOs here can say what they would have done if same happened to them.
Would not want to be on that jury at all.

They were stopped and then took off. After that I cant defend them cuz what happens happens.
Further down the road cops would have put stop strips in road and he would have crashed at speed anyway.
looks to me like both made the mistake of their lives.

Last edited:
First time I've seen it. Just going to sit here quietly. This is a truly sad thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow! I can kinda see the Cop's explanation of he turned around, and he could have been pulling from his waist, but then I also see that the biker was really just sitting there. The reporter said that the cop said put your hands up, put your hands, but she was talking through it and I only heard loud mumbling. Plus the Cop's point of view was from directly behind. The camera view is more offset where you can see better to his side. They both have an argument.

I hadn't seen it either. I didn't hear if the officer was shouting any instructions or if he just gt out of his car with the gun drawn.....

I am not LEO or trained on how to do a traffic stop, but I would think shouting the instructions on the PA an using his car as shield.. to make him do what he wants...

Lawyer says he could have put his arm up instead he put it back... makes you think the rider wasn't given any instructions or commands... can't hear over the siren an those pipes. I bet the rider couldn't hear over the sirens an pipes either

Last edited:
Nobody can say for sure what they would do until they are in that position. One has to pay a lifelong price for a possible mistake and the other has to live with the knowledge of what happened.

Wow! I can kinda see the Cop's explanation of he turned around, and he could have been pulling from his waist, but then I also see that the biker was really just sitting there. The reporter said that the cop said put your hands up, put your hands, but she was talking through it and I only heard loud mumbling. Plus the Cop's point of view was from directly behind. The camera view is more offset where you can see better to his side. They both have an argument.

I hadn't seen it either. I didn't hear if the officer was shouting any instructions or if he just gt out of his car with the gun drawn.....

I am not LEO or trained on how to do a traffic stop, but I would think shouting the instructions on the PA an using his car as shield.. to make him do what he wants...

Lawyer says he could have put his arm up instead he put it back... makes you think the rider wasn't given any instructions or commands... can't hear over the siren an those pipes. I bet the rider couldn't hear over the sirens an pipes either

Nobody can say for sure what they would do until they are in that position. One has to pay a lifelong price for a possible mistake and the other has to live with the knowledge of what happened.

Not passing judgement on either but I think we can all take from this a lesson that it does not pay to run...just stop dad gummit !

Busa1166 brings up a good point for riders lawyer.
Did cop issue any commands thru loudspeaker ?
Or did he just jump out pumped full of adrenalin and do that ?
We have all seen episodes of cops where chase ends and like 20 pumped cops pile on just cause they cant tune themselves down.

You run they get pumped and then thoughts get cloudy.

JUST STOP !

I don't think the biker was evading the police. They sped off from the stop sign and cop put the lights on. The vic stopped the bike at the next stop sign. I think he was more focused on keeping an eye on his friend who was having trouble controlling his bike. (hopped the curb)

My question is, why was the cop so nervous and why had he been tailing them for so long. In the video you notice how quick the other cop is to arrive on scene. Watch the time counter. Maybe they were already on a watch list, maybe not. That's probably irrelevant at this point.

Just shows how a split second of bad choice can ruin not only one life but two.

I can't imagine the guy heard the cop say anything with what was going on and sirens blaring...

That is a disturbing video for the general public.

If all he did was speed away then eventually stop not sure that justifies getting shot in the back. Even if he was carrying I'm almost certain the weapon wouldn't be carried in the front part of his body riding on a bike. However safer we feel when armed we all know it's not the most comfortable thing to do.

Watch video on full screen first of all.
It starts at 2:14 and then first stop sign is at 2:16 so he was behind them for over two mins.
At stop both look back at cop.
Then together they take off at high speed.
They do not simply roll on as you would normally so cop knew the chase was on.

What is strange is after rider goes down we see officer enter frame from left and draw his gun ?
So he shot him , then holstered it, then drew it again to issue commands ?

If all he did was speed away then eventually stop not sure that justifies getting shot in the back. Even if he was carrying I'm almost certain the weapon wouldn't be carried in the front part of his body riding on a bike. However safer we feel when armed we all know it's not the most comfortable thing to do.

Tdog I carry on my right hip in a holster same as most and from that position it would be very easy for me to draw and fire.
Rider would have had to turn around more to endanger cop as he was still sitting on bike but still with vest on he could have had a pistol right under there in holster and had very easy access to it.
Again why did they take off so fast ?
You can hear both bikes rev up as they go it was not simply just riding away after stop.
I'm thinking other rider had something he did want to get caught for because he took off first and guy who got shot just seemed to be following his lead ?

JUST STOP...
Cop lit them up and they kept going for at least a few seconds and neither showed any sign of yielding.
It was only when other LEO car came into view I think rider realized he had no choice and then gave up.

Watch video on full screen first of all.
It starts at 2:14 and then first stop sign is at 2:16 so he was behind them for over two mins.
At stop both look back at cop.
Then together they take off at high speed.
They do not simply roll on as you would normally so cop knew the chase was on.

What is strange is after rider goes down we see officer enter frame from left and draw his gun ?
So he shot him , then holstered it, then drew it again to issue commands ?

Maybe I misspoke Blanca. They gun it at 3:46 and he is shot at 4 minutes. So yes the cop had been following a while (which is suspicious) but he didn't evade for more than 15 secs. Enough time to go from the stop sign he sped from to the next. I don't think that is cause for a drawn gun.

And you are right about the gun. Why shoot him, holster, then draw again.

Back