DMS mode A, B, C feels like....

Puggle

Registered
Hullo orgsters,

In your opinion, what does B and C mode feel like? I have heard things like:

"B mode feels like a 750 with a more powerful bottom end shove"

But I have never had experience on anything between my learner bike (GS500) and Hayabusa. Having never ridden anything in between 450 and 1340, can I assume that B mode on my busa is a similar power experience to a 750?

Anyone with actual riding experience on different capacities, 600, 750, 1000, 1300+ please give me your take on this.

Keep in mind there is a massive weight difference, so numbers won't really work. Eg. If a 750 does 120rwhp, and B mode produces 120rwhp, they still won't feel the same because of the weight difference.

What does B and C mode feel like to you?

Good question, I hope someone can post up an answer for you! Am I the only one out here that can truthfully say he has NEVER touched that A-B-C switch? A total waste of electronics, IMHO!! Some might say it works in the rain! I say, "who in their right mind would subject their pride and joy to RAIN?" All that road scum and water!! I call "Busa Abuse", if you do!! UNBELIVABLE!!

Good question, I hope someone can post up an answer for you! Am I the only one out here that can truthfully say he has NEVER touched that A-B-C switch? A total waste of electronics, IMHO!! Some might say it works in the rain! I say, "who in their right mind would subject their pride and joy to RAIN?" All that road scum and water!! I call "Busa Abuse", if you do!! UNBELIVABLE!!

No I have never used ABC mode either. I believe its all in the wrist and whats in between your ears, Though talking to other people who have used it, the bike changes alot.

No CCbusa05 you are not the only one.
I wish I could find a replacement throttle tube that doesnt have them on there for a simpler look.
Puggle just use your wrist to slow it down.
Many posts here that say while the power may feel down it does not increase you MPGs.
Only reason some have said they use it is in the rain but again I have ridden 80-90-100+mph down I95 in pouring down rain and never felt a wiggle or slip.

No CCbusa05 you are not the only one.
I wish I could find a replacement throttle tube that doesnt have them on there for a simpler look.
Puggle just use your wrist to slow it down.
Many posts here that say while the power may feel down it does not increase you MPGs.
Only reason some have said they use it is in the rain but again I have ridden 80-90-100+mph down I95 in pouring down rain and never felt a wiggle or slip.

That would be a nice mod ABC delete :thumbsup:

:laugh: I definitely use B + C mode all the time when I'm tired and not as focused as I should be. Takes the skittishness, or sensitivity out of the throttle, for those times when you're just trying to get home and you're not at the top of your game.

I know what you're saying about the wrist. As long as I'm alert and focused (95% of the time), I'm in A mode no matter the weather.

Last edited:
:laugh: I definitely use B + C mode all the time when I'm tired and not as focused as I should be. Takes the skittishness, or sensitivity out of the throttle, for those times when you're just trying to get home and you're not at the top of your game.

I know what you're saying about the wrist. As long as I'm alert and focused, I'm in A mode no matter the weather.

That's a good use of it then rider fatigue can be a bad bad thing

I am swapping in an R1 throttle tube, so it might help if I get caught in the rain. But to date I have never tried it.

I know what you're saying about the wrist. As long as I'm alert and focused (95% of the time), I'm in A mode no matter the weather.

Just buy a scooter for the days your fatigued...:rofl:

Ps...Got any Thin Mints left ?

it was my first sportbike, dealer showed how to use abc mode, i think i used it the first day and my first ride on the second day, then wondered why i was even using it???? it is indeed as waynovich said, in between the ears and in the wrist

Ok maybe I should reword the question.

I'm not interested in the merits of DMS. Good bad ugly I don't care, whatever.

I just want to know if riding in B mode or C mode is an accurate emulation of a lower powered powerplant.

Blanca, I might just buy a scooter for the days I'm feeling like a total retard who wants to ride with thongs, shorts and groceries between my legs. Because scooters aren't dangerous like motorcycles...

lmao you guys are funny... i will try it tomorrow for you ive had a 600 rode a 750 for a while and a 1000 soo you have me intrested in this now

No. I've ridden all these bikes for years. The Busa just feels extra sluggish in B, and worse in C. I tried it once a few weeks after I bought the Busa. And as I thought, that's what it did. I see no point. You can handle the bike easy with your wrist and ears as said above.
The weight difference in newer bikes makes for no realistic comparison. If you go back to the mid nineties to the heavier 750s and 900s, maybe a little more like it. No matter that the speed is probably faster, the Busa's throttle response in B/C mode is not as crisp and smooth as them either. B/C is like a sick pig. You shouldn't needed a simulated traction control detuned mode for the rain or what ever may come either, The A mode snap of the wrist can save you as quick as it can hurt some, no matter the weather or conditions.

guess A mode is some macho thing.. kinda sad to me..

Anyhow. I have a 08 busa. Ive Been riding for 15 years or so. I had a katana 750. A sv650s, and a cbr900 before this bike.

A mode is well.. Fast as hell..
B mode is in between cbr900 and katana 750... not as responsive but once you get going the power is there.
c mode is like my sv650. buddy bought my old one. he was pulling away from me slowly. c mode is not twitchy at all. very docile.

I ride in A mode most of the time.. BUT

When tires are cold. im in b,c
when i had a beer or 2.. b,c
when raining b,c
when really fatigued or tired. b,c mode

Why risk spinning that back wheel in these conditions??
I know its all in the wrist... but mistakes happen if conditions are not right...

This is what is was designed for. People will say... only A mode, or buy something else.. Welp.. this is just plain stupid. This bike has so much power that it can be unforgiving sometimes. why not use a feature that might actually save you? Reminds me of riding gear. long ago people thought using a lot of gear was lame.. Now, its a status symbol of what gear your wearing. These mode selectors are the same thing to me.

Look at this link for the powercurve dyno chart. its such a huge difference is modes. look at max torque. at mode c. its the same as a sv650. but still more HP. by about 30. wow... as you can see, mode selector turns a lion into a furry kitty.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Suzuki_Hayabusa_ABC.jpg

Last edited:
A Mode = Too fast lol
B Mode = 750
C Mode = 600

how do i know? well i have friends with both bikes. both were tuned, exhaust and filter. with all races they get abt 1/2-1 bike head start (from the decrease in throttle response) the you slowly catch up and pass them once you get up around the top of 2nd or around 3rd. all races where done from like a 20 mph roll.......... on the flip side, if you want to know how nitrous would feel put it in C mode in 2nd gear hit it WOT then a few seconds later switch it straight to A and WOW lol lots of fun :laugh:

Back