OMG I'm still in shock...

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I get a letter today from State Farm ins saying they can save me $.
Ok so I give them a call and get quote on both cars..
No go its almost double what I pay to Geico but while there on phone with them I say hey it cant hurt to ask about the bike can it >
To preface this I have had Geico for yrs, called them $4100 a yr..:rofl:
Called Progressive....$3200 a yr..:rofl:
Called Allstate.....$4000 a yr..
This was all when I bought it and it really turned me off on INS for Blanca.
But today I ask State Farm "How Much" just cuz I needed a good laugh..

OMG FULL COVERAGE $500 DEDUCTIBLE
TOTAL 6 MONTH PREMIUM
ARE YOU READY.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

$215.10 FULL COVERAGE FOR 6 MONTHS.
UH Duh..I hopped on and rode over and signed up.....:cheerleader:

Outstanding....

Been a loyal statefarm customer for a while now. My Busa was $418 a year full coverage 100/300/100 with $500 deductible for comprehensive and collision and that was when I was 23 years of age. My Zx 14 is the same rate as the Busa.

I tried State Farm but I was told being I have the 2 tickets they cant insure me. I got the tickets in my car but they still wont cover my bike. I took a driver saftey class and got 5 points added to my record and not it stands at +3 I pay 980 a year and it sucks. I am in VA that might have something to do with it. A ticket will stay on your record for 3 years here.

House, truck, full coverage on the bike with State Farm.. just a few dollars over half what Progressive wanted just for full coverage on the bike. Allstate said the Hayabusa was on their "uninsurable" list. Didn't even bother with trying Geico, they quoted me more for liability on my old truck than I now pay for FC on the Busa..

I am very happy but not gonna hold my breath as it still needs to be approved and she says it will take 5-7 days before its final.
Asked her like 10 times "are you sure? You know what your doing?"
I even told her how much others were and she could not explain it ?
I looked at screen with her.
Right bike.
Right driver.

Thats insane !
How can it be over 4000 from others and 400 a yr from State Farm ?
I certainly wont complain if all goes well thats for sure !

Theft only was 10 bucks a month...
Theft and collision..20 bucks..
Full coverage, theft, comp, collision and bodily injury..35 bucks a month...
I'm giddy over here and I feel so much better.
Reading the threads from folks whose bike got knocked over, crashed for not really any reason other than it just happens made me nervous.
I also have 80% of value replacement on all afm access for 24 months for whatever I have receipts for.
After that it goes to ACV (actual cash value) but still I will get paid back for all my mods...:cheerleader:

Wooo Hooo !

I had the same response when I signed up my bike for full coverage through State Farm. All the other big names were $2K a year or more. I went through State Farm for about $550 a year.

welcome to the club.....

it cost me more to insure my 500 than my 1300... :poke:

Its just trippy how both cars were double what I pay Geico at same SF office.
The girl at State Farm says call Geico and try them on the phone it cant be that much.
Call them up and its still 4k per yr.
Geico says State Farm aint right, they dont have moto specific division.
They are wrong and which policy would you like , sir....
GOODBYE..

Rode over to SF as mentioned and in 10mins walked out...

Also got quoted 69 bucks a month for 1 million life ins policy..
Another thing the wife keeps buggin me about.

With State Farm my house is $500/year and my bike is $27/mo. Trailblazer SS, Corvette and bike together is about $150/mo. The Vette isn't full coverage though. I barely ever drive it. They had the best rates around. I switched from Geico 3 years ago, mainly because they didn't give homeowners insurance because of the breed of my dog. I was little angry about that.

I always laughed when I saw you guys ins rates for your bikes becasue I had the previous quotes in my head.
Jealously I just turned away but it still worried me.
I did not beleive it .
Surely these guys are fluffing and holding something back......blah...blah...blah
Just like how customers used to come in and say well so and so got a Town car for 499 a month with zero out.
There was always something missing..

Well I have to say , to all I laughed at and doubted, I'm sorry :bowdown:

Like Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein "its Twoo..Its Twoo!"

Don't know if it's still the same, but SF insures bikes based on displacement, not type of bike which typically makes them much cheaper than other companies that look at bikes in the form of cruiser, sport, supersport, hypersport, etc. I believe it's still the same however....

Ahhhh yes indeed, two cars and house and bike with State Farm. No tickets since 1998. $500 deductible, full coverage @ $265 per YEAR!!
When that TV Geico commercial comes on, I yell, "send that *&#^%$& lizard back to Australia!! :laugh:

SF does it by displacement, and also I think they don't pay medical for the rider. I pay $185 for 6 months.

Yeah I don't see where Progressive and Geico say they are the best on the other hand they do insure the non insurable. my friend pays $250 a month for a 99 FRC Corvette. through progressive I believe.

I tried State Farm but I was told being I have the 2 tickets they cant insure me. I got the tickets in my car but they still wont cover my bike. I took a driver saftey class and got 5 points added to my record and not it stands at +3 I pay 980 a year and it sucks. I am in VA that might have something to do with it. A ticket will stay on your record for 3 years here.

If you can keep from getting anymore tickets until those drop you will be ok. Just sign up when they drop off of your record.

Back