TL peg's.

mike04busa

Registered
Just wondering if the people using TL peg's are using the screw in feeler's from the stock peg's in them or are they too long. Or what one's to use.

My riding buddy(NavyLucky78) and I are riding this weekend. He has the TL pegs but I don't think he has the feelers on there.
If you want to meet up and ride you can check them out:poke:

Funny i just searched alot about these pegs all morning. Got the PN if anyone need em. best price I found is about $56 plus shipping Only question I had was are the shifter and brake effected? I had the Buell pegs on for about 1 ride then chucked them. I could not stand the shifter position in relation to the peg. They seemed to have a wider stance making it so you can only shift with your big toe.

Oh PN are 43510-02F11 and 43520-02F11 for the pegs and you need 2 bushings PN 09180-08149.

Last edited:
I didnt have to make any adjustments for the tl pegs. Much more comfortable than stock and lighter. They also are smaller and look better IMO.

Funny i just searched alot about these pegs all morning. Got the PN if anyone need em. best price I found is about $56 plus shipping Only question I had was are the shifter and brake effected? I had the Buell pegs on for about 1 ride then chucked them. I could not stand the shifter position in relation to the peg. They seemed to have a wider stance making it so you can only shift with your big toe.

Oh PN are 43510-02F11 and 43520-02F11 for the pegs and you need 2 bushings PN 09180-08149.

I lowered the position of the shifter and brake pedal. Nothing the stock adjusters can't handle.

I have TLR pegs and kept their feelers with NO PROBLEMS at all. :beerchug:

Do you feel them scrape before you run out of tire? The reason I ask is I put allen bolt's to fill in the hole's in the TL peg's and there's no feeler's on them now. The stock one's were missing from my bike when I got it. I'am getting close to the edge of the tire's sometime's and wondering if I should have the feeler's on there for a warning sign. I did not know if people were running the busa feeler's or the TL one's. I wanted to make sure whatever one's I put on there were the right length. Thank's for the input guy's.

Do you feel them scrape before you run out of tire? The reason I ask is I put allen bolt's to fill in the hole's in the TL peg's and there's no feeler's on them now. The stock one's were missing from my bike when I got it. I'am getting close to the edge of the tire's sometime's and wondering if I should have the feeler's on there for a warning sign. I did not know if people were running the busa feeler's or the TL one's. I wanted to make sure whatever one's I put on there were the right length. Thank's for the input guy's.

Do they scrape, well yes if your leaned over enough, but the pegs also prevent your boot from scraping on the pavement and they pitch up if your really doing something you shouldn't on the street :whistle: . They are shorter than the busa's , but at the sametime the TLR pegs put my foot about 1/2 inch lower. If you look at both, you'll notice the lowering of the peg is in it's height. They mount with the same hardware, fit the same holes and are a complete swap. I think it took me 5 min per side (I'am kinda slow :laugh: ) .

The bank sensors on the Busa are different lengths, the left being slightly longer. I think this is to accommodate the stator cover which is often scraped in extreme banking or off camber turns.

The bank sensors on the TL1000R or S model are equal lengths, but shorter than both sensors on the Busa.

TL1000R and S models use the same pegs (front footrest). Pt# 43510-02F11 supersedes Pt# 43510-02F00.

Do they scrape, well yes if your leaned over enough, but the pegs also prevent your boot from scraping on the pavement and they pitch up if your really doing something you shouldn't on the street :whistle: . They are shorter than the busa's , but at the sametime the TLR pegs put my foot about 1/2 inch lower. If you look at both, you'll notice the lowering of the peg is in it's height. They mount with the same hardware, fit the same holes and are a complete swap. I think it took me 5 min per side (I'am kinda slow :laugh: ) .

So, should I use the stock busa feeler's on the TL peg's? That's all I was asking.Being shorter but lower would that make the TL peg's with the busa feeler's hit the ground at the same lean angle?

:rulez:

Looking forward to your pics mang!

I am interested in this too! I hit both feelers riding the dragon.... But I also have the rear of the bike up 1" to help give room for more cornering clearance. The pegs were my next item to get squared away... or at least look at. I have also read a thread or two that the 02 1k's pegs work too!

So, should I use the stock busa feeler's on the TL peg's? That's all I was asking.Being shorter but lower would that make the TL peg's with the busa feeler's hit the ground at the same lean angle?

I use the stock TL peg feelers and haven't had any trouble, but both fit. I really can't see any difference except the Busa's is bigger, a little longer and don't look as good (to me anyway) ! When you hit them, unless your putting your FULL weight on the inside of the bike (I don't, I hold on to the bike with my knees and use the peg for balance) both will retract upward (that's what the spring is for). So I really can't see that the difference in length really matters (it can't be more than 1/5" anyway) and if that makes a difference, your frame sliders will probably be needed more :please:

By the way, unless your using them on a track (and here I don't recommend street pegs), the peg feeler will very probably DIG in the pavement (different compound in surfaces and the uneven surface on a street) unless it's just skimming on the surface. And THAT'S A BAD THING on the street :beerchug:

Well i got them on yesterday and rode to work this morning. I notice a little more leg room. Nothing compared to the Buells but the shifter and brake are accessible which is a plus. I hit a couple of corners and had my feet down (habit) and the did not hit. Will post pics tonight.

Back