So I might be making a come back...

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
That's right, after 3 years of being without a bike I might be taking the plunge once again. I kick myself every spring for selling my last Busa (pics will be posted) and I have finally decided that I want another bike. I have been looking around and the final choices are between a 2010 Honda Fury and a 2009 Busa. I do like the look and the feel of the fury for the price and they can be made to look really good with a few aftermarket parts. The one I am looking at has exhaust on it already and is list at $13699 which isnt bad. The other day while in Oklahoma City on business I stopped by the Zuk place and fell in love all over again lol. A brand new 2009 black busa with a Yosh R77 full system, Power commander and chrome wheels already on it. Basically almost everything I would do to it myself. The price was set at a whopping $14999 which is way high considering 09 stock busa's are being listed at $10999 so that would have to be negotiated a lot. With Suzuki offering 1.99% for 5 years it is hard to pass up. One point I found funny, I called today to check insurance on both bikes and the Fury was $227/6mo. but the Busa won with $211/6mo. :lol: So I might be back on a Busa before the month is out if everything goes well. :please:

My old Busa, still wish I had it. :banghead:

Everything was polished by me except the wheels and it had a HID which I won from the org raffles back in the day.

100_0120.jpg

100_0123.jpg

Great to have you back and that was a sweet lookin' Busa! Go with the '09 and be done with it.

It is VERY tempting, trust me lol. I think I will be going on a little road trip on Saturday to and see what happens but I might give them a call tomorrow and see if they can approve me over the phone since it is a 2 hour drive.

Hey Trojan, how are you liking the Trailblazer SS? I have a 06 also with about 47,000 on it and still fast as hell for a SUV lol.

BigBS, I am glad to see you still have Baby J. That is still one damn sexy bike.

Last edited:
Hey Trojan, how are you liking the Trailblazer SS? I have a 06 also with about 47,000 on it and still fast as hell for a SUV lol.

Just put 30k on it. The wife drives it mostly(Babies and groceries) It's the replacement for my Silverado SS so I'm mad at it:laugh: We moved to this cause we are moving over seas soon and had too much in the driveway for the Navy to ship over. It's a lot smaller than the Silverado but it is faster. I can't wait to crack it open. It's all stock for now. Have you had to fix the tranny yet? I'm a little worried about that.

That IS a beauty for sure...the good news is you get to get A NEW ONE

Good luck on the decision making. Nice bike you got rid of there.:thumbsup:

I would not spent $15000 on an 09 Busa. Price is beyond the bike and mods.:whistle:

Just put 30k on it. The wife drives it mostly(Babies and groceries) It's the replacement for my Silverado SS so I'm mad at it:laugh: We moved to this cause we are moving over seas soon and had too much in the driveway for the Navy to ship over. It's a lot smaller than the Silverado but it is faster. I can't wait to crack it open. It's all stock for now. Have you had to fix the tranny yet? I'm a little worried about that.

No problems at all out of the tranny. I haveactually heard people that hot rod them a little bit (which I might do every now and then) have better luck then those who baby them, go fiure. I also had my ECM tuned so my shift pressures are a little higher so that my help too.

Good luck on the decision making. Nice bike you got rid of there.:thumbsup:

I would not spent $15000 on an 09 Busa. Price is beyond the bike and mods.:whistle:

Yeah I agree on that price being way too high. They will have to come down some and maybe throw in a set of Power Pilot 2ct for it. :laugh:

I already did the research. $1000 for the R77, $360 for the PC and we will say $600-800 for the wheels so they are way high.

these are not the droids you are looking for...buy the 09....:bowdown:

Well your old one looked great and I bet you can make the new one shine too

Well after much thought, consideration and lots of jumping back and forth I decided to go with the Honda Fury. I was back and forth for a while but I am good friends with the manager of the local dealership and I got the bike for a good price and with 4.99% APR which Suuzuki approved me at 8.99%. I got the bike today on my lunch break and had to stare at it for another 7 hours while I tried to finish working so I could go ride it. I am happy to report that after a nice 50 miles of riding this evening I am pleased with my decision. I think what really sealed the deal is how this thing sounds, it is a single pin crank so it sounds almost exactly like a hardley but wont break down on me all the time lol. I was lucky enough to pick the only one the had that already had aftermarket exhaust on it. It is not stupid loud but its nice and deep and I noticed quite a few heads turning. There are a few things on the list of mods like chroming the wheels and getting extended forward controls and a few other small things but I really want a day off so I can ride it lol.

Crappy cell phone pics in a random parking lot...

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

:welcome: back to the world of two wheels...i don't know how you stayed away so long :laugh:

Back