Gah! wrench vs gas tank

fastblackblur

Registered
Well today I learned why you cover up the tank while working on the bike...

dropped a wrench on the tank while adjusting pre-load, I would bet the entire neighborhood heard me gasp in terror. just looking at it makes me sick to my stomach.

lesson learned...

oops.jpg

Crap , I seriously feel the pain.. If you were closer I'd paint it for ya.. whats done is done- dont dwell on it too much..

takes the new right out of'em i tell ya, sorry man i know what you mean...

Know what you mean. I have a storage rack above the Busa. I cringe every time I pull something down in fear that something else may be living there!

OUCH! I had a minor kick stand failure in my garage and the Busa landed against my '61 panhead. The foot peg on the pan put a nice size dent below the bra line on the tank, can't see it but I sure know it's there. Been trying to find some one who can bondo and match the the paint but everyone wants to do the whole tank...pain in the butt! I feel for you since this is in a spot you can't cover with anything other than a band aid.

Man that sucks Did it just knock the paint off ? or did it dent ? if its just the paint no worries. paint is easy, but a dent can be very costly.

i feel your pain and can empathize because i did the exact thing about a month ago. it's still bare metal because the results of the color-rite pens did not look right.

That sucks, depending on the location maybe you could go with some tank pads for additional grip.

Not quite as bad, but I made a 9" scrape on a can on my copper with another bike's tag and I wanted to cry. :cussing:

About 6 months after I bought my orange 08, a small camping grill fell out of the loft storage above my bike and landed on the tank. Nobody was home when it happened but there was the grill on the ground next to my bike and a small little dent with 3 or 4 little scratches about 3/4-1 inch long in the tank. I'll bet they heard me in China! A new tank from Suzuki already painted with decals cost me 640.00 from my dealer. They really hooked me up and it was cheaper and less hassle than buying the materials from Color Rite and paying somebody to paint it. Buy the new tank, put it on. Then and only then did I feel better.

About 6 months after I bought my orange 08, a small camping grill fell out of the loft storage above my bike and landed on the tank. Nobody was home when it happened but there was the grill on the ground next to my bike and a small little dent with 3 or 4 little scratches about 3/4-1 inch long in the tank. I'll bet they heard me in China! A new tank from Suzuki already painted with decals cost me 640.00 from my dealer. They really hooked me up and it was cheaper and less hassle than buying the materials from Color Rite and paying somebody to paint it. Buy the new tank, put it on. Then and only then did I feel better.

Very good idea. I wouldn't have thought you could order the tank already painted, thats good to go. I think putting a small sticker on it would be the route I would go with.

Back